There are 223 users in the forums

So our only deep threat is on the trade market.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our deep threat is going to take the top off of the accounting books.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Torrey. You're right we needed him 2-3 years ago. Well that was years ago. Now he's our top paid guy averaging 2 catches a game. I could find a hobo off the street who can do that.

Get rid of his contract, pay a real #1 and use that draft pick for a receiver opposite of him.

What amazing receiver will they find with a late 3rd or 4th round pick? Smelter 2.0?
Who's got it worse than us? We don't need a stinking 3rd or 4th round pick at best on a player that may pan out. And for those that say we can just draft a speedster, it isn't so easy. Every year fast guys are drafted. Few work out. I just can't with this team. If only Adam Gase got the job in January 2015. If only Harbaugh had just fired Roman. If only Baalke had drafted Jeffrey instead of Jenkins. If only Harbaugh just fired Roman. If only they ran Frank Gore in that Super Bowl. If only they benched Kyle Williams. If only Jed York conducted a real interview search instead of hiring Singletary. If only Eddie didn't make that bribe...damn.
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Giving away talent and letting it walk.

What in the actual f**k is going on here?

It's a definite sign baalke isn't going anywhere, if he's allowed to further destroy the team. Granted, Torrey hasn't done s**t, if it's the QB's fault or not, its a waste of money. Get rid of him, play all our other WR's more and see what we got before we do a complete rebuild.

What other WRs?
We got Jack and **** and Jack is about to get traded.

Why didn't we go complete rebuild prior to 2015 or 2016?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Torrey. You're right we needed him 2-3 years ago. Well that was years ago. Now he's our top paid guy averaging 2 catches a game. I could find a hobo off the street who can do that.

Get rid of his contract, pay a real #1 and use that draft pick for a receiver opposite of him.

What amazing receiver will they find with a late 3rd or 4th round pick? Smelter 2.0?

I love how so many think it's so easy to find a vertical threat at receiver. If it were soooooo easy, why don't all 32 teams have one?
50/50 on this one...rookie qb next year gonna need a vet wr
Originally posted by lamontb:

Shoulda kept Boldin
Originally posted by lamontb:

Yes and no. We will have vet TEs and RBs who can catch the ball. A vet WR at this point is a bonus. I'd draft a stud WR who will be in red and gold for the next ten years.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I love how so many think it's so easy to find a vertical threat at receiver. If it were soooooo easy, why don't all 32 teams have one?

Because some think its all about speed when in reality it takes skill in addition to being fast. Plenty of guys with 4.35 speed that dont amount to anything.

Torrey might be limited to being a deep threat but he is one of the best in the NFL at it.

Meanwhile there is no guarantee that they find a true #1 type in free agency and in the end they might be even worse off at the position as a result. Perfect environment to develop a young QB in.

We're working under the condition that Baalke isn't making the pick. 2nd and 3rd rounds always have some options.

Originally posted by PacTiger:
Yes and no. We will have vet TEs and RBs who can catch the ball. A vet WR at this point is a bonus. I'd draft a stud WR who will be in red and gold for the next ten years.

And who is going to be drafting this hypothetical stud WR after theyve drafted a QB and likely another pass rusher.
We are being teased again of trades for draft choices.
Originally posted by PacTiger:

And who is going to be drafting this hypothetical stud WR after theyve drafted a QB and likely another pass rusher.

We have to keep rolling the dice in order to find a decent WR. They do exist, I know we have a bad track record. We can find a decent WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
What other WRs?
We got Jack and **** and Jack is about to get traded.

Why didn't we go complete rebuild prior to 2015 or 2016?

Smelter, Burbidge whatever other trash WR's we kept instead of keeping some of the defensive "talent" that got cut this off-season.

I agree, I'm not sure why they didn't complete rebuild this past offseason. We had a lot of picks, maybe Baalke thought the roster was better than it was.
Blockhead is just gonna settle for another 7th round pick in 2021

Share 49ersWebzone