There are 288 users in the forums

The WORST professional sports team in an ESPN poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hard to believe this once storied franchise is being regarded as follows in a new ESPN sports poll:

No. 122: San Francisco 49ers
The 49ers have created quite the perfect storm: Fans see San Francisco's owners as the NFL's most dishonest and its players as the least available in sports, while the front office has raised prices by more than 60 percent over the past five years (the NFL average is just 12 percent). Meanwhile, the 49ers won just five games in 2015 -- which helps explain why they were named the league's worst in paying to attract quality players and coaches.

I am wishing for an internal DeBartolo family takeover so we can see some desperately needed improvement in our favorite team.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ultimate Standings: 49ers drop to last place in sports

link

Overall: 122
Title track: 51
Ownership: 118
Coaching: 113
Players: 116
Fan relations: 122
Affordability: 117
Stadium experience: 105
Bang for the buck: 113
Change from last year: -76

For a franchise with as much history and tradition as the 49ers, it's hard to believe they've sunk to this level -- dead last among 122 professional sports teams. It's the result of a lack of on-field success, the dysfunction that led to the departure of coach Jim Harbaugh (and the uninspired choice of Jim Tomsula as his replacement), and the overwhelming cost to watch it all unfold at Levi's Stadium. They dropped 76 spots in last year's rankings, and now, down 19 more, bottom out this year. At least now there's nowhere to go but up.

What's good

Although the Niners fell 12 spots in the title track category from a year ago, they still check in at No. 51, a nod to the franchise's storied history -- and its record of getting back on track and finding a way to become competitive after short periods of rebuilding. Adding coach Chip Kelly gives the Niners a creative offensive mind who has a winning record at the NFL level, placing him well ahead of his predecessor. There's an abundance of intriguing young talent on defense which, if it comes together, could turn into a dominant unit somewhere down the road.

What's bad

Take your pick. Aside from title track, the Niners are ranked no better than No. 105 in any of the other categories. They dropped 29 spots to No. 116 when it comes to the roster, largely because they don't have a franchise quarterback in place and lack outside receiving options to help whoever is behind center. Their fan relations and affordability are ranked worst in the NFL, with huge price tags on PSLs and season tickets garnering the opportunity to watch an offense that was among the league's worst in 2015.

What's new

The Niners dropped a whopping 81 spots in bang for the buck, dipping all the way to No. 113. The amount of attrition the Niners have suffered over the past couple of years has left them in a rebuilding mode that doesn't match up with the cost of attending a game. After a string of three consecutive NFC Championship Game appearances, the 49ers have won a combined 13 games over the past two seasons. Paying a premium price for a winning team is to be expected. But if the product isn't good, the cost is much harder to swallow.
  • Veteran
That makes us number one as the most dysfunctional franchise.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Our beloved leaders.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

And I'm not really surprised
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/21/espn-ranks-49ers-worst-organization-in-sports/
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jim Harbaugh put us back on the map and these idiots ran him out of town. These jack asses deserve this, it just sucks for the fans.
  • Veteran
I really wonder how Jed feels about this report. I hope he is embarrassed.

• HERN
  • Veteran
Really doubt he cares. If this guy gave one F***, he would fire Baalke ASAP.

Fire Baalke. Show the fanbase that you understand what the problem is, and that your doing what ever it takes to fix it.

Till then, this team will remain at the bottom.
Originally posted by 190836:
[ Edited by HERN on Oct 21, 2016 at 4:53 PM ]

60% ticket price increase and while shoving tomsula down your throat as some great teacher who will save the day.

Clown.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

60% ticket price increase and while shoving tomsula down your throat as some great teacher who will save the day.

Clown.

The question is, how many years would it take for them to feel the economic impact when people don't show up to the games.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

Who knows if he gives a s**t, let's see if he even tries to do anything.....anything to help the situation

Somebody should tweet him the link so you know he sees it, probably already been done though lol
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

Who knows if he gives a s**t, let's see if he even tries to do anything.....anything to help the situation

Somebody should tweet him the link so you know he sees it, probably already been done though lol

I am sure he has seen it and like you said, we don't know if he really cares.
Share 49ersWebzone