LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Who would you rather have as a starter for your SF 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you rather have as a starter for your SF 49ers

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Jeff had T.O. A Hall of fame WR. Who would take his little short passes to the house.

when he didn't have T.O. He struggled mostly outside of the 9ers.

I made alot of money off Jeff because I knew him so well. He couldn't sustain drives for s**t, and I knew it. I bet on first half and then second half... ANY chance I could make as much off each game from him I tried... even Qtr by Qtr if need be.

he had a couple of 0.0 QB rated games.... again, ZERO POINT ZERO! Do you know how bad you have to be to do that?

you give 2012-2013 Kaepernick T.O. and the rest of that offense and it would be over.

People all the sudden think that Jeff was a prototical QB some want around here? As if he was a legit Pocket passer?

dude NEEDED plays to break down to make plays. SO MUCH SO HE EVEN NAMED HIS TYPE OF APPROACH.

RECKLESS ABANDONMENT or something like that.

and before some say, "well give Jeff the 9ers 2012-2013 defense and bla bla bla"

Jeff used to throw short of the sticks when teams figured out his strategy.

Teams adjusted to him late in his career with the 49ers.....they kept him in the pocket and had the DT zone Spy him and move up little by little.....before you knew it Jeff was bumping into his own linemen who where sustaining their blocks.....Jeff always preferred for the DEnds to pass rush right past him so he could roll to the outside and throw on the run....

again ZERO POINT ZERO.

T.O. went on to continue and put up Hall of Fame #s. Where as Jeff continued to suck... so much so he went to the UFL to sniff some snaps. He had little blips of success, with a great coach in Andy Reid...but even Andy couldn't sustain it with him.

This is pretty much everything I remember about Jeff, lol
f**k Garcia in his ballz. Talks too much s**t.
Brett Favre.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I was born in 87'. I obviously got to watch Steve Young, but when I started to get hard-core into football it was all about Garcia. I loved that dude. Easily one of my favorite players on the niners.
Jeff Garcia is kinda old now ain't he.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Jeff Garcia is kinda old now ain't he.

Yes, but he looks the same when he was 20. Lol
The Bad was he look like he was 40 when he was 20. Not sure how old he is, but the good is he still looks 40.
Garcia. Didn't even have to think that hard about it.
This question totally depends on what each person values more when judging a player: personal achievements or team achievements. When talking about individual player's success, I value personal achievements and accolades more than I value team success. For that reason, I would say Jeff Garcia.

However, there is a large contingent of Niner fans that, based on what I have read in numerous threads on WZ, would HAVE to choose Kaepernick because of how far the team went under him, how many playoff wins he has had, his overall W/L record, etc. But my guess is, they would hypocritically choose Jeff Garcia.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
This question totally depends on what each person values more when judging a player: personal achievements or team achievements. When talking about individual player's success, I value personal achievements and accolades more than I value team success. For that reason, I would say Jeff Garcia.

However, there is a large contingent of Niner fans that, based on what I have read in numerous threads on WZ, would HAVE to choose Kaepernick because of how far the team went under him, how many playoff wins he has had, his overall W/L record, etc. But my guess is, they would hypocritically choose Jeff Garcia.

And I hope Kaep really rebounds this year and calms the issue with the front office. We have way too many needs on this team.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Oct 21, 2016 at 10:52 AM ]

• Andra
  • Veteran
Burt Renolds
Adam Sandler
Keanu Reves
Dennis Quade
Jamie Fox
James Vanderbeak
Put it this way, if Garcia had been the QB 2011-2013 would we have closed the deal and won a SB? My take is yes.
  • Jiks
#anybodybutKaeporGab
Joe Montana.
Originally posted by Andra:
Burt Renolds
Adam Sandler
Keanu Reves
Dennis Quade
Jamie Fox
James Vanderbeak

Don't forget Scott Bakula and Mac Davis.
Share 49ersWebzone