LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time to trade Joe Staley?

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
so its not fair to staley to trade him to a winner like the patriots or chiefs?

There were interviews at the beginning of the season that had him saying he wanted to make the 10 year wall for this team because he thought it meant something to play your career for the team that drafted you. And we want to trade him.

I think trading him would benefit him more than us at this point.

Trading him to a contender would actually be a nice thing to do for him. Now if we trade him to a s**tty team then yeah that's f**ked up.
Originally posted by jcs:
so its not fair to staley to trade him to a winner like the patriots or chiefs?

There were interviews at the beginning of the season that had him saying he wanted to make the 10 year wall for this team because he thought it meant something to play your career for the team that drafted you. And we want to trade him.

I don't understand the logic in trading Staley. The 49ers will need someone to protect the QB for the next few years and they have the cap room. Filling any voids this trade would make in FA is going to cost more anyways so why bother?

I believe that since the 49ers are a young team they also need leadership.
trade everyone Jed, thats how you fix this team. fire a great coach, hire a s**tty, cheap one, keep the GM because he says nice things to you, sit on all that cap space that could be used to upgrade the team and then trade away one of our only good offensive players. i can see why they might want to trade him, if they get a 1st from a mediocre/midle of the pack team then go for it. if theyre gonna get a 3rd for him, theyre stupid
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I don't understand the logic in trading Staley. The 49ers will need someone to protect the QB for the next few years and they have the cap room. Filling any voids this trade would make in FA is going to cost more anyways so why bother?

I believe that since the 49ers are a young team they also need leadership.

Their reasoning might be that Joe is getting up there and try to get something for him before it's too late.
  • eman
  • Veteran
ONE QUESTION!!!!! we have over 45 million in salary cap and will have Kap come off of the books... then most here are talking about cutting Ahmad Brooks and Bethea as well as trading away Torrey Smith....

one thing we don't have is talent.. I do not understand the purpose of trading away all these quality players...and now Staley... for what?? we have 60 million next year??? its not like we the fans will get the 60 million in our pockets... the team better shell all that $ and try to put up compettitive team and retain all their veterans and quality players.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eman:
ONE QUESTION!!!!! we have over 45 million in salary cap and will have Kap come off of the books... then most here are talking about cutting Ahmad Brooks and Bethea as well as trading away Torrey Smith....

one thing we don't have is talent.. I do not understand the purpose of trading away all these quality players...and now Staley... for what?? we have 60 million next year??? its not like we the fans will get the 60 million in our pockets... the team better shell all that $ and try to put up compettitive team and retain all their veterans and quality players.

We will finally run Paraags Moneyball.
If traded... full in crash and burn.
No, it's not the answer. I don't give a s**t though. Blow this thing up. It can't really get worse.

The Browns need their Mississippi.
It'll create plenty of cap space. York must think he gets that money back in April. BTW, this is terrible FA class.

When Alston Jeffrey is the prize, it's a bad year. The top prospects aren't really needs for us. Balked will mess it up anyway and wait for the scraps to emerge
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Unless Staley has requested a trade, I do not trust our front office to sign or draft his replacement.

Originally posted by strickac:
It'll create plenty of cap space. York must think he gets that money back in April. BTW, this is terrible FA class.

When Alston Jeffrey is the prize, it's a bad year. The top prospects aren't really needs for us. Balked will mess it up anyway and wait for the scraps to emerge

There will plenty of qb busts, cutler, tannehill, fitz, geno...

If we can get alshon and kiko that would be great, i still think az won't keep both chandler and campbell.

But this thread is on draft picks. eddie jackson a bama Safety out for season with a fractured leg, baalke is licking his lips.

Why not trade staley for a few more DBs with injury concerns?
Originally posted by strickac:

Cap space??? Don't they already have more than any other team.....and chose not to use it?????
Originally posted by eman:

No, but by George we've earned it.

Tough to see how far we've fallen in such a short amount of time.
I think trading him would benefit him more than us at this point.

Trading him to a contender would actually be a nice thing to do for him. Now if we trade him to a s**tty team then yeah that's f**ked up.

If this talk of trading Staley isn't a favor to Staley to get him on a playoff level team then it is completely stupid.
I cannot believe we're having this discussion!! It's gotten this bad
Share 49ersWebzone