There are 143 users in the forums

49ers Week 6 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Marvin49 10) Draft: lets be real...its a countdown to what their draft position will be and the damn Browns keep losing. LOL. My current draft crushes? 1st Pick: QB Deshaun Watson (don't like Kizer). 2nd Pick: WR Cortland Sutton.

On offense, the Niners have a good start on the o-Line, TEs are serviceable, and I like Kerley in the slot and Torrey on the outside. Chip will be around awhile as Niners can't just fire him after one year for PR and $$$ purposes. I think Watson would be a good fit for Chip and Sutton would be the type of WR they are missing.

Do you want draft to QB by Watson? And Sutton is best the WR?

I think, If we are top draft at 1 to 5 top draft then. We should trade down for more picks by two first rounds to #11 to #13 for WR or ILB then draft 20 to #28 ILB or WR.. we need be patience our process first.. we should keep to Kap in next year.

Probably the best to draft the top QB 2018 than 2017..

I THINK I know what you are saying...but I disagree.

I really want Deshaun Watson. I think he fits Chip perfectly and Chip will most likely be around for awhile. If they can end the season with draft position high enough to take Watson, they HAVE to take him (and understand that I am almost ALWAYS a "trade down and get more picks" kinda guy). There are problems all over the field. No question...but they have to get a QB and some weapons around him. They are already pretty close on the line to protect him and thats the biggest fear with a rookie QB. With this line, they should be able to protect him and allow him to develop IF they can get him a target or 2 to throw to.

He's also already have some talent in the backfield and if he's able to complete some of the passes that Gabbert can't that would only open more space in the run game.

My point here is they have a lot of the parts to protect a young QB so the earlier we can take him the better.

If the player available though is Kizer or Kaaya...then I pass. Don't like either of them.

I think Watson is probably same to Kap and Cam. You know why? Watson can rush is most than throw the ball? Yeah. I probably not interested at Kizer or Kaaya either it.

We need defense is first build up because the defense is very important. And we need draft the top WR or ILB. Then I prefer the top qb at 2018 than 2017.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Oct 19, 2016 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Marvin49 10) Draft: lets be real...its a countdown to what their draft position will be and the damn Browns keep losing. LOL. My current draft crushes? 1st Pick: QB Deshaun Watson (don't like Kizer). 2nd Pick: WR Cortland Sutton.

On offense, the Niners have a good start on the o-Line, TEs are serviceable, and I like Kerley in the slot and Torrey on the outside. Chip will be around awhile as Niners can't just fire him after one year for PR and $$$ purposes. I think Watson would be a good fit for Chip and Sutton would be the type of WR they are missing.

Do you want draft to QB by Watson? And Sutton is best the WR?

I think, If we are top draft at 1 to 5 top draft then. We should trade down for more picks by two first rounds to #11 to #13 for WR or ILB then draft 20 to #28 ILB or WR.. we need be patience our process first.. we should keep to Kap in next year.

Probably the best to draft the top QB 2018 than 2017..

I THINK I know what you are saying...but I disagree.

I really want Deshaun Watson. I think he fits Chip perfectly and Chip will most likely be around for awhile. If they can end the season with draft position high enough to take Watson, they HAVE to take him (and understand that I am almost ALWAYS a "trade down and get more picks" kinda guy). There are problems all over the field. No question...but they have to get a QB and some weapons around him. They are already pretty close on the line to protect him and thats the biggest fear with a rookie QB. With this line, they should be able to protect him and allow him to develop IF they can get him a target or 2 to throw to.

He's also already have some talent in the backfield and if he's able to complete some of the passes that Gabbert can't that would only open more space in the run game.

My point here is they have a lot of the parts to protect a young QB so the earlier we can take him the better.

If the player available though is Kizer or Kaaya...then I pass. Don't like either of them.

I think Watson is probably same to Kap and Cam. You know why? Watson can rush is most than throw the ball? Yeah. I probably not interested at Kizer or Kaaya either it.

We need defense is first build up because the defense is very important. And we need draft the top WR or ILB. Then I prefer the top qb at 2018 than 2017.

This draft is very similar to the 2011 draft.

Watson, kaaya, kizer = gabbert, ponder, locker

Kaepernick, dalton = kelly, trubisky

Jt barrett = tyrod taylor

Only thing missing is a true #1 like cam a true no if ands or buts best qb in the draft.

Trubisky and barrett are my favorite now, around 2nd and 4th round picks
Originally posted by dj43:
I think you may be correct there.

As to PFF, I have been back and forth on their stuff, however, I believe it is the most objective rating system available to fans, hence I use it. The one area that puzzles me is the pass pro ratings. Our QBs have time to get the ball out when it needs to come out. The OL LOOKS like it is pretty good in pass pro but the grades are low. I fully agree with the run blocking. They are not opening holes. That may be part scheme, IDK.

Totally. It's a good tool to start with but then context and intelligence need to be added for adjustment. Lol.

Yeah...I mean, it's easy to see when we'll run, to which side, and where. No need to commit more than 6 or 7 to stop that just in CASE we decide to pass.
QB,OLB,WR are the most glaring needs. R2,Bowman,Ian Williams,Rogers,Ellington will be coming back which is huge.

I'm very optimistic to end with a top 5 pick in each round and that boatload of money we can spend.

I'd be so effing fantastic to trade for Mariota if the Titans sell the team or clean house and new regime likes a different QB.
Re-watched the game last night and I gotta say.. if anything else, I see improvement in Buckner already. Yeah he got washed out on some plays... the Bills have a good o-line. What I liked the most though... his hustle! Chasing down backside plays. He made a tackle on the complete opposite side of the field outside the numbers which was very impressive. Actually might have been one of the sacks he recorded. I can't remember. I really like his effort though. Think he's going to be a solid player.

Can't stand Baalke but I see 3 guys from this class so far that are solid. Robinson, Buckner and Blair. Need to see more of Garnett. Blair needs more snaps.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
QB,OLB,WR are the most glaring needs. R2,Bowman,Ian Williams,Rogers,Ellington will be coming back which is huge.

I'm very optimistic to end with a top 5 pick in each round and that boatload of money we can spend.

I'd be so effing fantastic to trade for Mariota if the Titans sell the team or clean house and new regime likes a different QB.

Who is R2? Ray-Ray?
Share 49ersWebzone