LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

We are ranked DEAD LAST in Rushing Defense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And it's only going to get worse as players wear down b/c they can't get off the field, our offense continues to go 3-and-out and b/c the players who ARE still on the field are going to press d/t trying to make up for all the personnel losses.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Baalke drafted 2 defensive lineman in the first round of the 2015 and 2016 draft, yet we are ranked dead last. Thoughts?????

We don't have solid linemen to play a 34 defense, both are terrible getting off blocks and are easily washed away by double teams, Dial and Purcell are just as bad and our backers are jokes, I don't understand why we don't run a 46 or 43 because teams are putting up crazy numbers rushing the ball..........So depressing!
Our front misses Tomsula.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Baalke drafted 2 defensive lineman in the first round of the 2015 and 2016 draft, yet we are ranked dead last. Thoughts?????

Their specialty is being "disruptive" and really getting after the QB, ain't got time to stop no running game.

Actually, their job is to take on blockers so the ILB's can make plays.

In Oregon yes, here no. It seems O'Neil is using them both to attack more vs. standard two-gapping.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Remember that streak we had a few years back of not allowing 100 yard rushers? How times have changed

1236 rushing yards allowed in 2011

1046 already allowed this year
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
1236 rushing yards allowed in 2011

1046 already allowed this year

Oh wow
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
LOL and we were worried about bringing up Marcus Rush because he can't stop the run.

When will Baalke remove Wilhoite, that's another guy who does more bad than good to the defense.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
LOL and we were worried about bringing up Marcus Rush because he can't stop the run.

When will Baalke remove Wilhoite, that's another guy who does more bad than good to the defense.

Yup, I was disappointed to see Wilhoite make the team again. He's just not good at anything. Would rather give Skov a shot.
we don't have a true NT. The two Duck players are big, but suspect in Run D. We don't have any LB's...yeah that's a recipe for a pretty shatty defense. Seriously our D Line is not stacked and is thin super thin on talent. Same with the LB group. Pathetic sums it up. even with Bowman in there our LB core is crap still.

Face the reality boys we have a long ways to go.

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Our front misses Tomsula.

Re-hire Tomsula as d-line coach in the off-season
It's called jim O'Neil and his stupid fronts and scheme. I can't count how many times I see our 3-4 lineman being asked to split gaps.

Same thing happened in Cleveland with their early first rounder. Danny Shelton was being called a bust last season under O'Neil; now he's playing at an all-pro level with O'Neil gone
LB injuries + no nose tackle + 2 young d lineman that are suspect against run + bad DC
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Srsly 2 first round dline and this bad in rUn defense. Lol baalke
It's everything..the injuries to Bow, Ray-Ray, and Williams hurt, the youngins aren't making tackles that have to be made at this level..the replacement ILBs suck and get eaten up by blockers who make it to the second level..I had my boy say Bellore is playing great bc he led the team in tackles last week but I garentee those tackles come after yardage was gained as to where he should be meeting the runner in the holes and doing damage but can't blame it all on him bc if the guys in front of him were doing their job taking on the blockers it would allow him to get free shots..
Share 49ersWebzone