There are 178 users in the forums

Will the offense get better, or worse with Kaepernick at QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the offense get better, or worse with Kaepernick at QB?

I'm probably setting myself up for a let down but I feel like Kap will open up our deeper passes, which will then open up our read-option running game.

Then again, I can also see Kap being gun shy and take sacks on purpose. Also, he can't even beat Blaine in practice.

Either way, we will find out soon enough.

GO KAP GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Oct 12, 2016 at 12:04 PM ]
Cant get much worse. I'm hoping to see kap gash defenses with his legs like he used to. He's back to his college form physically... he has a big arm, can throw the entire length or the field, He's not very accurate tho. Still it should be much easier to watch than what we've been seeing this year. Fingers crossed.
We'll have the answer in 2 weeks. Not expecting much against Buffalo
No clue
Seen his highs, seen his lows. I'll wait a few games
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
It should be more entertaining. I think Kap will struggle overall, but make a few splash plays here and there.

The team stinks because the roster stinks. Slightly improved play at QB (if it happens) isn't going to make much difference in the W-L record, but a few big plays at least give you something to cheer about.
[ Edited by Lifer on Oct 13, 2016 at 9:12 AM ]
Can't get any worse than it already is.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I think we'll get better, but not enough to overcome the mess our defense will leave kind of better.
At all the optimistic ppl on here. Krap is gonna Krap until they eventually bench his ass too. That QB from 3 years ago is long gone.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Can't get any worse than it already is.

Well, we could be 32nd instead of 31st overall offense, so that's something.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
At all the optimistic ppl on here. Krap is gonna Krap until they eventually bench his ass too. That QB from 3 years ago is long gone.

True, but we're talking about being better than Gabbert.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

True, but we're talking about being better than Gabbert.

That's not saying much
This question is pretty much why he has been selected now. I genuinely hope he breaks through. If he doesn't, Ponder by game 12?
Better only because it's mathematically impossible to get worse than with Gabbert at the helm.
This is tough bc honestly I don't think there is a worse QB in the league then Gabbert so the offense has to be better..i don't think Kap misses the throws he did..wide open WRs if you put the ball in the correct position so I'm going to say Kap playing instead of Gabbert will help a lot of things including the run game..
Share 49ersWebzone