LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Position change on defenses

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
i would really just move reid or tarrt to ilb. and call it a day

Hell move both to ILB we don't have anyone there now. Leave Reid and Bethea in the back. With 4 safteys out there, hopefully we could stop the run and play the pass
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
With our depth at defensive line, and total lack of linebacking depth, we need to shift to a four three! Stop all this gap switching BS, and just play some basic fundamental defensive football. I don't think we would be world beaters in the 4-3, but we have a strong set of DB's, and a 4-3 alignment would slow the bleeding in the run game. Maybe we had teams to 17-24 points, and give Chip and the offense a chance to win a shoot out.

Tarver ran a 43 i believe, we have to change the dc.

Everyone is assuming O'Neal is dealing with garbage, and his scheme is decent. His players are young and are following orders, they are doing what he wants. This is his scheme this is what he produces, has nothing to do with the players.

Our only hope is tarver

Yeah, I've stated my disgust for O'Neil, and his 3 man rush on third and long! He has waaaay too much going on up front, it looks like no one knows their gap responsibility on any given down, or perhaps teams have sorted out that we exchange gaps based on their formation, and are using formations to create predictability.

Regardless, with Ray Ray (who sucked) and Bowman out, we have nothing but hat garbage in the middle, meanwhile we have plenty of D-line depth, so how ever we do it, we need to make the switch at the buy.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Yes, it's time for a position change!

We're always on bottom or bent over grabbing ankles
4-3

Johnson----------------------Brooks---Blair--AA-DF-Lynch---Ray Ray------------------------Robinson
------------------------------------------------------Bowman-------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------Tartt----------------------------------------------------Ward--------------------------------------
Originally posted by Predator85:
TJE Dial Armstead

Brooks Wilhoite Hodges Lynch

Robinson Bethea Reid Johnson

The fact that Wilhoite and TJE is on this list makes it terrible
Share 49ersWebzone