LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Better squad than last year....apparently

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Do you think Gabbert is the better QB of the two?

They both suck. The only real upside is that the 49ers get to move on from both of these mediocrities in the offseason.
I'm not seeing it.....
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Cmon man have you been watching the games..? Blaming Gabbert is exactly on point..a lot of the points scored were in garbage time too..during the games that were close like the games vs the Panthers( until the pick to Kuechly),Cowboys(until the pick to Claiborne and the D still held them to a fg for Gabbert to possibly tie the game with a td) and Cardinals(missed so many throws that would have helped and changed the game and his 2 picks were costly, mostly the 1 Cooper had in the beginning of the 4th down 7 ) Gabbert missed throws in the games that NFL QBs have to make..game changing throws that would have changed the game around, gave momentum and who knows after that..its Gabbert that is keeping this team from having a chance to be good..he hurts the team more than any other player..

Your pinning the entire failure of this team on one player who spends half the time on the field. I can't back that. I've seen enough ineptitude on the field at other positions to claim that Blaine is the reason for us having one of the worst D's in the league. Our run D is atrocious. We are a gaping vagina right up the middle.

Chargers and Saints have top 5 offenses. Their seasons are already over.

All I'm saying is it starts with Gabbert and the QB position, as bad as the defense has played the niners have stil been in the game where they can take the lead or tie it and Gabbert screws it up which leads to more points being scored late in the game..go rewatch the games please..or the highlights..Gabbert gives this team no chance of being good bc he is terrible..there were soooo many throws he missed that would've been a sure TD..anyone can see Gabbert is the main issue..

Very true. Gabbert single handedly lost Dallas and Arizona games. If we had a decent qb that threw for those easy tds and throws we would be 3-2 possibly 4-1 and the defense still is bad but the offense would of won it those 2-3 games. Inexcusable qb play. I would say any starting to b and most backups could of made those easy td throws and even easier missed throws.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Seriously thought this team would progress under Kelly, with better squad and team ethics.

Sadly they seem worse
Seems like we are tanking the season, theres no guarantees our top pick will produce either, probably a better chance but no guarantees.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
We seem worse in just about every position on the ground from last year.

Makes tomsula look like a better coach then credit was given OMG

Absolutely no progression in the team in any position

We only have improved the speed in time we give the ball back,

Need a clean out, start with the guy picking the players for the sqiuad.

Not seen the locker room but I suspect the off field environment is toxic.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Teams spot us 14 points. And we still lose.
Originally posted by MFWIC:
We seem worse in just about every position on the ground from last year.

Makes tomsula look like a better coach then credit was given OMG

Absolutely no progression in the team in any position

We only have improved the speed in time we give the ball back,

Need a clean out, start with the guy picking the players for the sqiuad.

Not seen the locker room but I suspect the off field environment is toxic.

The defense has major injuries and have even less talent available. The offense looks better, sorta. And there is definitely less talent than last year on offense.

I don't think this makes Tomsula better. It more so demonstrates how poorly this team has been assembled.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The defense has major injuries and have even less talent available. The offense looks better, sorta. And there is definitely less talent than last year on offense.

I don't think this makes Tomsula better. It more so demonstrates how poorly this team has been assembled.

Come on, we're just reloading a few things. Baalke promised we weren't rebuilding, which has about as much truth as Harbaugh and the 49ers "mutually parting".
[ Edited by ltrain on Oct 31, 2016 at 9:43 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
The team is better organised this year and that can be seen easily. We are starting much better hand have been playing hard in the first half.

I do not blame play calling. To me the Chip and OC are dumbing it down until the team gel with the new scheme. They cant handle the simple plays let alone more complex ones as required to make Chip's scheme work.

Putting Kaep back in is going to take some time to properly judge. I can accept that he has had a long break from the game and did not fully participate in the pre season due to his injuries healing. He will need some time to get his eye in and start making those passes land on the mark. Aside from Kerley no receiver is really catching the passes well.

IMO that passing game needs some more work urgently.

The running game has been relying on Hyde and he is hurt at the moment but hopefully he will be back soon. Him out again really exposes the lack of talent at running back. Harris and Draughn are average but lack the penetrating power. Davis is still really a rookie because he spent most of last year on IR so he could either improve or just be an under performer. To early to tell. We needs another top shelf RB and have the cap space to buy one. Time to look at this and cut someone.

We need to buy another top shelf receiver as well. And we need to work on the passing game far more in practice. The work should improve it if QB and WRs put in the proper effort.

If Kaep doesn't come up to speed in the next few games then another QB has to be bought. One who can land a throw over 20 yards consistently.

Gabbert has had his chance and should be cut to make room for the next guy to demonstrate his potential.

We also have to get a more aggressive return guy. The returners have safe hands but they are not running aggressively enough. Too many yards are lost here and our drives are starting too far back to often.

Defence has been disappointing since Navaro has been out. Needs a lot of work.

With Hyde and Navaro out it demonstrates that in many key positions the 49ers are an Inca Empire. Too brittle and too reliant on Incas in key positions.

Management have to start buying some depth and they have the funds spare in the Cap space.

I don't think Chip can be blamed as we all knew it would be a new scheme but he was hobbled by Trent and York in player selection. It is the York and Baalke show that is at the root of the problems with the player line up and it is about time they really started gaining some serious insight into their role in the dumpster fire that started at the end of 2014 and which is still smoking.

Our offense is better. Defense is worse. Record will prob be worse. Oh well, we will get the top 5 pick we wanted last year. If your team isn't good, it's best to be really, really bad.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MFWIC:
Seriously thought this team would progress under Kelly, with better squad and team ethics.

Sadly they seem worse

They are worse.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Our offense is better. Defense is worse. Record will prob be worse. Oh well, we will get the top 5 pick we wanted last year. If your team isn't good, it's best to be really, really bad.

2016 Offense Ranked: 32 - we are avg 4 points more a game.
2016 Defense Ranked: 30

2015 Offense Ranked: 31
2015 Defense Ranked: 29
  • jcs
  • Veteran
2015 avg power ranking 23
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/13/8599819/2015-nfl-power-rankings-draft-seahawks-patriots-49ers

USA today: 31
ESPN: 31
NFL: 30
CBS: 31
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Those statistics are only a relative standard and the sample size is too small to compare. They are hence an illusory form of reference.
Share 49ersWebzone