LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Better squad than last year....apparently

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Bad quarterback play, and awful inside linebacker play. The worst run defense in forty niner history, but we are at least scoring some points....crap, I had my hopes up this season! I really felt Chip would be good for 21 points a game, and with our decent talent level on defense, and good DC, we could keep teams to 14-17 a game. This O'niel guy is awful!

Yeah honestly I didn't expect then NIners do to much this year with Gabbert under center, hopefully it changes with Kap but I doubt it.. but I did expect the D to be better but I'm juries to Bow, Williams, Ward, Ray-Ray, Buckner, AA are hard to hide..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 10, 2016 at 6:45 AM ]
Truth be told, Gabbert may have played himself out the league with his horrible play this season. Dude is no better than most third stringers.
Gabbert..... and that's pretty much why where 1-4. I think with Kap and this online we would be 3-2.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I thought Gabbert would be just a little bit better! NOPE. Overall the team looks competent even though our high draft picks on D we are relying on are not looking too good.

Last year just sucked! Players looked lost and anemic.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Bad quarterback play. You can never get around it unless your name is Bill Bellichick..

When has Belichick got around poor QB play? Was fired in Cleveland with average QB play, then struggled with Bledsoe. Then got Brady and lit it up. His teams have been good enough to survive average QB play, but he hasn't really ever had poor QB play
Awful QB's
Awful WR's
Awful Play Calling
Awful D-line play
Awful Pash Rushers
Awful ILB's

Other then that we are A O K
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Oct 10, 2016 at 9:12 AM ]
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Too many misses on early round picks. Picked up no playmakers in free agency. Baalke needs to be fired.

I agree arik and Buckner have been disappointing so far
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Truth be told, Gabbert may have played himself out the league with his horrible play this season. Dude is no better than most third stringers.

true. The passes he does complete, you'd expect out of an NFL QB. The passes he misses (on a consistent basis, you would only expect out of your 3rd string QB or your punter.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

true. The passes he does complete, you'd expect out of an NFL QB. The passes he misses (on a consistent basis, you would only expect out of your 3rd string QB or your punter.

SMDH....and the thought of how well ALL the QB's we passed on are doing, I know it's hindsight but damn....
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Awful QB's
Awful WR's
Awful Play Calling
Awful D-line play
Awful Pash Rushers
Awful ILB's

Other then that we are A O K

Yep. Anyone can look at Gabbert and see the poor QB play. That is a given,
But thinking that changing the QB is going to fix this team is pie in the sky dreaming. Obviously we need better play there, but a better QB will still have crappy run blocking, crappy receivers, and a defense that can't stop anyone, well except on our opening day.

EXACTLY..his horrible play makes the whole team worse..
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
When has Belichick got around poor QB play? Was fired in Cleveland with average QB play, then struggled with Bledsoe. Then got Brady and lit it up. His teams have been good enough to survive average QB play, but he hasn't really ever had poor QB play

3-1 this year and 10-6 that year with Cassel. Once his machine got rolling losing Brady has been just a speed bump.
We're missing our best defensive lineman in Ian Williams and we're now missing our best linebacker in Bowman. We were missing Aaron Lynch the first 4 games too.

Our offense was always going to suck because it has no talent. Our defense has just been missing key pieces and is put in bad situations because of our offense.

The good news is that we'll get Williams and Bowman back next year, Buckner and Armstead will continue to develop, and our defense should be decent again. We also have tons of money to invest in free agency and we'll have another high draft pick so we should be able to add some talent on the offensive side of the ball. Our play-calling on offense has already improved under Chip Kelly, but is limited because we don't have good players on offense or a good QB.

This. And Gabbert has thrown interceptions in clutch situations in every game minus the rams game this season.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Bad quarterback play, and awful inside linebacker play. The worst run defense in forty niner history, but we are at least scoring some points....crap, I had my hopes up this season! I really felt Chip would be good for 21 points a game, and with our decent talent level on defense, and good DC, we could keep teams to 14-17 a game. This O'niel guy is awful!

Yeah honestly I didn't expect then NIners do to much this year with Gabbert under center, hopefully it changes with Kap but I doubt it.. but I did expect the D to be better but I'm juries to Bow, Williams, Ward, Ray-Ray, Buckner, AA are hard to hide..

I don't know it depends on what Keep we get! I hope we get the balls out gun slinger, crazy assed running QB! The real problem is, our defense! I was hopeful that we would explode on offense, and win some shoot outs! But we just cant score fast enough to carry this defense.
Share 49ersWebzone