Originally posted by MadDog49er:
1. Clear out Baalke
2, Hire new GM
3. Let new GM hire coach
4. Build a new system offensively and defensively
5. Choose wisely in free agency
6. Draft well
7. Build new confidence

Somewhere in there has to be a new QB in charge of the team. Gabbert is not the answer, and neither is Ponder. Not sure if Kaepernick has the drive to be great anymore, and he doesn't seem to inspire teammates.

New GM, new coach, new QB, new beginning, new attitude.

You really think Jed is gonna pay Tomsula, chip, trent , new gm and new coach ?
Originally posted by susweel:

We're going to clean house, and Mexico is going to pay for it
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by susweel:

We're going to clean house, and Mexico is going to pay for it

TB had his hand in building something pretty special here not too long ago. give it time I know it sucks but he's a solid gm minus 2012 lol but we could definitely do worse. when all of your best players retire or leave in one off season this will happen. I just keep reminding myself that all these losses this year is gonna mean Kizer or Watson behind center next season just RELAX we will be winning again soon enough 《NINER EMPIRE》
Baalke built a super bowl team and Chip coached an ncaa powerhouse program.
Jed has all the pieces he needs.
Just gotta get his Montana and Rice.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I'll answer all of them for you;

1.Draft Brad Kayya in the 2nd round OR trade up at the end of the 1st

2.Sign Alshon Jeffrey in FA and draft JuJu Smith.

3.Draft Myles Garret. You want impact on the D-Line? get Garret

4.Draft Conor McDermott ( Staley's eventual replacement ). Make a run at signing Dontarie Poe although i highly doubt KC lets him get away.

5. Fire Baalke.
I personally would like to see the Niners put all the non long term guys on the trading block. Guys like Brooks+Bethea+Kap Beadles, and others of that ilk, should be made available to the highest bidder (best draft pick, this year or the following year). The kids need to play, we're not winning with the short term vets, so might as well speed up the rebuild a little, by trading the vets away and playing the kids. Two things happen this way, we see what we have in some of the young players, thus when the season is over, we have a better idea of who has a future here as a starter, or bench piece, or not at all. The second thing, is that we'll lose pretty much every game in a meaningless season to us, so might as well shoot for the number 1 pick. The value of that pick is SO HIGH, and we'd hold all the cards on draft day. I'd rather win 1-2 games, trade away aging vets for future assets (more picks) and have the number 1 pick, rather than win 5-6 games, not know what some of the young guys have, and draft 8-11.
For starters, we have to find a franchise QB. We've been hunting for one for over a decade. Enough is enough. Spend a 1st on a passer. For a team that routinely drafts early, there's no excuse. Chip has made a lot of terrible passers look very good, which makes it very hard to have any faith in Gabbert after stinking it up so bad this year.

Secondly, we have to find 2 WRs that can get separation and catch the ball. Kerley is a gem. Torrey, Patton, Ellington, and the rest are just plain garbage. The can't separate and they can't catch a contested ball. I think we messed up by not bringing in Riley Cooper to play outside, but oh well. Chip needs weapons and Baalke is afraid of drafting WRs early thanks to the AJ debacle.

Burbride and Rogers may have some redeeming value, but Patton and Ellington need to be dropped ASAP. Torrey isn't going anywhere because of his contract. He'll continue giving minimal effort and quoting on his routes until Chip benches him.

For those that say the WRs are getting open, I disagree. They're not pulling their weight either.

Open up the passing game and the running attack will flourish. Most importantly, leave Chip in place. We need some stability. Let the players learn the offense. Let the GM find players for this offense. This coaching couresel we've been on hasn't solved anything, so let's stop and let these guys fully implement their program.
1. Clear out Baalke
2, Hire new GM
3. Let new GM hire coach
6. Draft well
7. Build new confidence

Somewhere in there has to be a new QB in charge of the team. Gabbert is not the answer, and neither is Ponder. Not sure if Kaepernick has the drive to be great anymore, and he doesn't seem to inspire teammates.

The new gm is going to be gamble and he will keep kelly--not happy about that, but I think that is what will happen.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I personally would like to see the Niners put all the non long term guys on the trading block. Guys like Brooks+Bethea+Kap Beadles, and others of that ilk, should be made available to the highest bidder (best draft pick, this year or the following year). The kids need to play, we're not winning with the short term vets, so might as well speed up the rebuild a little, by trading the vets away and playing the kids. Two things happen this way, we see what we have in some of the young players, thus when the season is over, we have a better idea of who has a future here as a starter, or bench piece, or not at all. The second thing, is that we'll lose pretty much every game in a meaningless season to us, so might as well shoot for the number 1 pick. The value of that pick is SO HIGH, and we'd hold all the cards on draft day. I'd rather win 1-2 games, trade away aging vets for future assets (more picks) and have the number 1 pick, rather than win 5-6 games, not know what some of the young guys have, and draft 8-11.

I agree. Let the kids play and speed up their experience and development. This is season is not going anywhere. I do want to see the kids play hard and mean though, win or lose. NFL has done the 49ers a big favor by giving them the toughest schedule in 2016. This should give them a #1 or #2 pick.

Originally posted by HERN:

4.Draft Conor McDermott ( Staley's eventual replacement ). Make a run at signing Dontarie Poe although i highly doubt KC lets him get away.

5. Fire Baalke.
Not sold on Kayya yet. Right now, Watson is my wish.

5. Fire Baalke.

next season, 2 of the main focus must be with QB, QB, QB, and WRrrrrrrrs.
Go buy out Michigan. Give Harbaugh a formal Apology ( Jed on his knees) then give Harbs complete control and make him the highest paid coach. Happy Days would be here again.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:

5. Fire Baalke.
Not sold on Kayya yet. Right now, Watson is my wish.

Watson would be a top 5 pick and at this point I don't think he's playing worthy of that pick.

Garrett would be the better pick. He's worthy of a top 3 pick.

Kaaya can be a late 1st early 2nd. And to be honest, There's Not much of a drop off between the 2.
Originally posted by pickle:
1. Clear out Baalke
2, Hire new GM
3. Let new GM hire coach
6. Draft well
7. Build new confidence

The new gm is going to be gamble and he will keep kelly--not happy about that, but I think that is what will happen.

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone