LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

State Of The Union Address: 49ers 2016 and Future

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Coming into the 2016 season, we all know how the season is going to pan out. With a new head coach with a new system, with quarterback situation in shamble, with no skill position threats and defense that still trying to find its identity and play makers, its not hard to predict the 49ers season. I don't like it and its freaking frustrating being a 49ers fan. My family and i are freaking plain frustrated. But as a fan I hope these Five things to happen next year.

1. Get a franchise QB - Its no secret that in the NFL, no quarterback, you don't stand a chance to succeed now or in the future
2. Get a freaking skill No.1 receiver (draft or trade or FA) - Somebody who has hands and tough. 49ers have all these money, get one. As for Torrey Smith, he is a decent No.2 receiver. He doesn't seem like he wants to be here. Trade him or keep him at #2. Kerley seems like a keeper. Have Chip get the receiver he needs for his system
3. Get impact Defensive player - Again, with all of these money, get an impact D player through FA or Trade. The 49ers have many good young talent. But they are young and somebody needs to get that fire out of them. An impact signing should give these guys the fire to be hungry and mean.
4. Keep building the Offensive line and Defensive line - these are the groups that have a potential to be better and better
5. Keep Chip Kelly- give him a chance and let him do his thing. And Jed and Baalke, support him and just leave him alone and let him do his job.

If none these doesn't happen, I'm going t keep writing and writing the owner and 49ers!!! As fan, we just want our team to be competitive and be proud. That's all, and that's all!!!

In the meantime fans, stay cool and be patient. I know its tough and frustrating, but not much we can do except support them and be a 49ers, no matter what. Just remember, 49ers have 5 rings and a new stadium. Not everything is all that bad.

MrCrab49ers
[ Edited by MrCrab49ers on Oct 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM ]
Not a lot of faith things will change with the Yorks at the helm
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I really think Jed wants to win, he just doesn't know how yet. He needs help. He is not a football guy.

We've gone from worst to first and back again... I think things change with the yorks plenty.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:

I really think Jed wants to win, he just doesn't know how yet. He needs help. He is not a football guy.

Yes but he won't do what's necessary to get that help ...so whether he wants to win or not, he's not willing to do what it takes to get things in order. I also don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. I think he's a liar and a sneak. The FO under him (minus that nice run under JH that seemed to coincide with him needing funding for the new stadium) has been a total embarrassment and completely unprofessional . I just don't see how after all these years and failures the light is going to suddenly turn on for him
Unfortunately, off season still a long way. But I'll take any wins, or if anymore will happen this season.
it starts with a QB, Gabbert is the worst, now its Kaps job to lose, if and that's a big if Kap performs well then great, if not the niners hopefully have a top 3 pick and get 1 of Watson or Kizer, as for the WRs yes a number 1 target is needed but the players right now aren't the problem, they actually get open but don't get the ball bc again Gabbert is the worst, Defense is young and talented and will only get better, Aaron Lynch will get better coming off the edge but will need another force next year, a lot of money to spend and they have to spend it..we all knew this year was going to suck tho it still hurts..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
it starts with a QB, Gabbert is the worst, now its Kaps job to lose, if and that's a big if Kap performs well then great, if not the niners hopefully have a top 3 pick and get 1 of Watson or Kizer, as for the WRs yes a number 1 target is needed but the players right now aren't the problem, they actually get open but don't get the ball bc again Gabbert is the worst, Defense is young and talented and will only get better, Aaron Lynch will get better coming off the edge but will need another force next year, a lot of money to spend and they have to spend it..we all knew this year was going to suck tho it still hurts..

It does hurts...and I agree to what you said.
Re spending the money...all they are going to do is give extensions out to the existing mediocre talent on the roster . Gotta get the likes of Eli Harold and Chris Davis all locked up before they hit the open market
Re spending the money...all they are going to do is give extensions out to the existing mediocre talent on the roster . Gotta get the likes of Eli Harold and Chris Davis all locked up before they hit the open market

lol yeah they are very important to what the niners do on the field this year..!

1. Clear out Baalke
2, Hire new GM
3. Let new GM hire coach
4. Build a new system offensively and defensively
5. Choose wisely in free agency
6. Draft well
7. Build new confidence

Somewhere in there has to be a new QB in charge of the team. Gabbert is not the answer, and neither is Ponder. Not sure if Kaepernick has the drive to be great anymore, and he doesn't seem to inspire teammates.

New GM, new coach, new QB, new beginning, new attitude.
Nobody on this team that wants to carry it. Thanks Baalke.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say we start trading talented but trouble players and start stock filing for the draft..

Players who still has some values that have no future with us should also follow..

BAALKE
Reid
Lynch
Davis
Bethea
Streader
Kaepernick
Torrey
Wilhoite
ETC
ETC
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
1. Clear out Baalke
2, Hire new GM
3. Let new GM hire coach
4. Build a new system offensively and defensively
5. Choose wisely in free agency
6. Draft well
7. Build new confidence

Somewhere in there has to be a new QB in charge of the team. Gabbert is not the answer, and neither is Ponder. Not sure if Kaepernick has the drive to be great anymore, and he doesn't seem to inspire teammates.

New GM, new coach, new QB, new beginning, new attitude.

I agree pretty much with everything you said Maddog except the coach part. And I'm not some Chip Kelly fanatic over here, in fact I wasn't particularly thrilled when he got hired and really wanted Hue both this off season and last but Chip is what we have now. The reason I don't think we fire him yet is because installing a third system in as many years to a young team is counterproductive to their development. There are glaring weaknesses on this team, and if Baalke can't be the one to fill them then the team needs to find somebody that can work with Chip and give him at least two more years to carry out his vision and if it doesn't work then I think that gm deserves the opportunity to find his own guy.

That's not always an attractive setting for a gm but right now I don't know if working for Jed is anyhow. I still think there needs to be a middle man brought in with good understanding of the NFL and has some decent contacts within NFL circles. At that point, Jed needs to disappear completely from the forefront, waive at fans and sign checks.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 7, 2016 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Not sure if Kaepernick has the drive to be great anymore, and he doesn't seem to inspire teammates.

He's a cancer who has split the team. He's doing his level best to get out of San Francisco. We should grant him his wish and move on. Let him pull his protest crap with some team in the midwest. They will eat him for breakfast.
Share 49ersWebzone