There are 310 users in the forums

What's the rebuilding plan here?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by MikeNolansNightmare:
You need to build a team from the inside out. Fortunately, Baalke has done a good job on the D-line. However, O-line needs work. A QB is worthless without a good O-line to protect him. Just ask Andrew Luck.

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

I really think we should draft the best offensive lineman in the country with our top 3 pick, then sign a guy like Cutler in the offseason. Maybe take a QB in the later rounds.

Top O-Lineman??? If we took a OL in the 1st round this board would have a meltdown...

That's why they're giving their opinions here, on this board, and not employed in NFL front offices....
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You need to build a team from the inside out. Fortunately, Baalke has done a good job on the D-line. However, O-line needs work. A QB is worthless without a good O-line to protect him. Just ask Andrew Luck.

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

I really think we should draft the best offensive lineman in the country with our top 3 pick, then sign a guy like Cutler in the offseason. Maybe take a QB in the later rounds.

Dude for once the OL isn't the issue. They are young and playing fine. NO QB no chance plan and simple.

Uhh...wasn't Gabbert sacked 7 times last night...?
Originally posted by Murphys1:
We just took Garnett in the first round...Outland Trophy winner. Doesn't start for us.

So that means he's never gonna start? Dude is on this team for 5 seasons.

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

Dude for once the OL isn't the issue. They are young and playing fine. NO QB no chance plan and simple.

yeah because he blows and the team comes at him with Blitzes...he doesn't know how to read a defense worth a damn. How many times was he sacked prior to this game?

Bad QB and WR play can cause plenty of sacks.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 7, 2016 at 7:16 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

and at lest 2 of those were Gabbert running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
Originally posted by Murphys1:
We just took Garnett in the first round...Outland Trophy winner. Doesn't start for us.

So that means he's never gonna start? Dude is on this team for 5 seasons.

How dare you post something that came in your head through rational analysis instead of making an emotional decision!!!!!!
I'm a firm believer in building from the inside-out. We've done that the last few years, devoting a lot of draft capital to the offensive/defensive fronts, as well as the secondary. A lot of these dudes are young, they just need some seasoning.

Starting this off-season, we need to add some frickin playmakers for change. Offensive skill positions, pass rushers, and most importantly QUARTERBACK.
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
No more ACL picks

Disagree. Where would this team be without Redmond?

And Tanks 1 whole tackle this yr
Originally posted by Jcool:

and at lest 2 of those were Gabbert running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.

He's sacred to death and can't stand in the pocket and make a throw. His QB play is on par with JTO and other trash QBs. I've never seen so many off target throws.

It actually reminds me of the game when Josh Freeman came in last min with the Vikings and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn lol. We've seen enough!
1st step in the rebuilding plan..Getting Trent fired, lack of talent on this roster is his fault, with a new GM, 1st step in a winning direction.

We need to bring in playmakers on defense to set the tone of a game. We need a new QB (not necessarily a 1st round pick) and some weapons on offense. I dont care if people deny it, players like D Goldson, Whitner, and Aldon Smith brought a swag and attitude to our defense in 2011.

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

O line was brutal last night. I don't think Brown has played well the last 2 games. Hopefully it's just a bump in the road. But qb is the #1 priority. No doubt about it. Now the d line is a major issue. Matter of fact the entire front 7 on defense is a major issue.
He's sacred to death and can't stand in the pocket and make a throw. His QB play is on par with JTO and other trash QBs. I've never seen so many off target throws.

It actually reminds me of the game when Josh Freeman came in last min with the Vikings and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn lol. We've seen enough!

That can't be he was a first round qb, cant miss situation. A first round qb selection will solve all our problems even though we currently have 2 on the roster now
Originally posted by lamontb:
O line was brutal last night. I don't think Brown has played well the last 2 games. Hopefully it's just a bump in the road. But qb is the #1 priority. No doubt about it. Now the d line is a major issue. Matter of fact the entire front 7 on defense is a major issue.

Brown looked tired
I say rebuild this team around kap. We all know what he is capable of doing so why let him go and start a project of finding the "right qb in the first pick"
Share 49ersWebzone