LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

What's the rebuilding plan here?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I haven't been on the football forums in a long while, but my name is dontread and I'm an east coast, life long die hard 49er fan. When Montana hit Clarke for "the catch" I was holding my then 6 moth old daughter who caught pretty good air herself as I came to my feet to cheer. Now she's a die hard Dolphins fan. LOL
I get that you can't stay on top forever and I even got that Harbaugh as good a team builder as he is, had a shelf life due to his effective but controlling personality that ownership was only going to take for so long.
But that's when I stopped getting it. We had an all star rookie RETIRE ( who ever heard of that ) Willis was gone and we let one of the best defensive minds in the game walk out the door and promoted a mediocore offensive line coach to head guy. The team sucked . They hire Chip Kelly but appear to make few if any moves to pick up or draft the type of players to run a Chip Kelly style offense. We clearly needed a QB but made no move to get one .And now we have Chip Kelly and a boring, ineffective low scoring offense anyway.
And of course we suck even worse. It's getting so I hate to see the Niners go up early as I know that's their que to self destruct somewhere around half time.

So after all that my question is this. Is there any kind of rebuilding plan? Usually a team in rebulid has an overall plan of what they want their team and team personality to be and it takes a while to get there in progressive steps, But I don't see any plan.
In other words if this rebuild was working, what would it look like. even if we weren't winning ?
5 years of top 10 picks
The plan? They are obviously trying get the top tier defense which i agree with. That is the quickest way to win. Drafting a qb will be exciting temporarily, but we would end up like bucs, titans, bills, jags ect. If we were to get garrett and a new dc next year, sign jeffery even with our current qb situation we could win a lot of games. Signing kizer or watson wouldn't do anything for us in the win loss category
LOL.
You need to build a team from the inside out. Fortunately, Baalke has done a good job on the D-line. However, O-line needs work. A QB is worthless without a good O-line to protect him. Just ask Andrew Luck.

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

I really think we should draft the best offensive lineman in the country with our top 3 pick, then sign a guy like Cutler in the offseason. Maybe take a QB in the later rounds.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MikeNolansNightmare:
You need to build a team from the inside out. Fortunately, Baalke has done a good job on the D-line. However, O-line needs work. A QB is worthless without a good O-line to protect him. Just ask Andrew Luck.

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

I really think we should draft the best offensive lineman in the country with our top 3 pick, then sign a guy like Cutler in the offseason. Maybe take a QB in the later rounds.

I 100% disagree with your top lineman idea. We need somebody who touches the damn ball. We haven't taken someone who actually plays with the ball in their hand in the first since AJ Jenkins.

I'm okay with taking a pass rusher since they can win you SBs..but an Olineman is a waste imo.
[ Edited by Antix on Oct 7, 2016 at 6:53 AM ]

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

(1.FIRE BAALKE

(2.Draft a QB

(3.Draft a WR or Two and sign a good veteran

(4.Find a pass rusher

(5.Another pass rusher

(6.More Receivers
No more ACL picks
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

Top O-Lineman??? If we took a OL in the 1st round this board would have a meltdown...

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
No more ACL picks

Disagree. Where would this team be without Redmond?
Dismantle FO
Originally posted by Jcool:

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

Top O-Lineman??? If we took a OL in the 1st round this board would have a meltdown...

We just took Garnett in the first round...Outland Trophy winner. Doesn't start for us.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Murphys1:
We just took Garnett in the first round...Outland Trophy winner. Doesn't start for us.

So that means we need to take a OL in the top 10... Over a QB?

In order:

1) Top tier O-lineman
2) QB
3) Corner
4) SS
5) WR
6) LOLB
7) TE

Dude for once the OL isn't the issue. They are young and playing fine. NO QB no chance plan and simple.
Share 49ersWebzone