LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Worst team 2004 niners or 2016 niners ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Worst team 2004 niners or 2016 niners ?

• BobS
  • Veteran
The 2004 squad barely scored half as many points as it gave up, it was worse. Also Erickson never took the gambles that many coaches of bad teams do to try to get a win. It was like he went out every week to try to keep it close. They were boring and awful.
[ Edited by BobS on Dec 5, 2016 at 11:27 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
The 2004 squad barely scored half as many points as it gave up, it was worse. Also Erickson never took the gambles that many coaches of bad teams do to try to get a win. It was like he went out every week to try to keep it close. They were boring and awful.

2004 team scored 28 points twice in that season...we've only managed to score that many points once this season. That team gave up 28.25 points per game...we're avg. 30.8 today. They scored 16 points per game we are scoring 19 today.
This team
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
at least the 2004 team had the great Andy Lee.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
2004 team had Bryant Young
OC Ted Tollner
DC Willy Robinson

That team might have been worse
As of toady? 2016
I was finally able to put 2004 in the past and heal
This is a fresh wound
Hearing that Kelly and Baalke will be back is just salting that wound
Originally posted by Sourball:
As of toady? 2016
This is a fresh wound

Baalke is coming back??? where did you hear that?
  • kaynj
  • Veteran
No way Baalke is back, he can't come back he stinks in free agency and the draft. If he comes back we are really doomed for another 2 years.
Originally posted by kaynj:
No way Baalke is back, he can't come back he stinks in free agency and the draft. If he comes back we are really doomed for another 2 years.

Right, from what I have heard.. Chip is back, Baalke gone and Gamble as the new GM since Jed hates outsiders,
This team is overall the worst team I have seen. This team gives up and no one cares. I could watch every game of the 2004 season and not have the sickness to my stomach of watching a team that doesn't seem to care at all from ownership to players. The 2004 team talent was bad, but not because the organization didn't give a sh*t.

2004 still worse imo.
  • kaynj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by kaynj:

Right, from what I have heard.. Chip is back, Baalke gone and Gamble as the new GM since Jed hates outsiders,

Not really sure how i feel about Gamble. He's not Baalke so that's a plus and from what i heard he has a good working relationship with Kelly so maybe it works.
Originally posted by BobS:

Yep, they were -193. This team is not quite on that pace but they are close.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by Sourball:
As of toady? 2016
This is a fresh wound

Baalke is coming back??? where did you hear that?

I'm just preparing myself for the worst.
With all of the injuries, retirements and FA departures (Baalkes fault for not resigning any of them), I can see Baalke talking Jed into another year to get Chip's "players" for his style of football and getting the green light to spend big in Free Agency.

Poor QB play (Harbaughs QB),

lousy WRs (Harbaughs WRs except Kerley that Trent got).

Lousy d coordinator (Chips fault)

There are a lot of people in the organization that Baalke can throw under the bus
According to What If Sports the 2016 49ers would beat the 2004 team at Candlestick 4 out of 5 times using balanced offenses.
https://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp#top
Share 49ersWebzone