LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

If the season continues at the same rate, who should we show the door to?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If the season continues at the same rate, who should we show the door to?

Either JoN simplifies and rearranges the deck chairs on the Titanic, or he should be gone before end of yr. Try guys on the bench on the field. For heaven's sakes, go back to basics and teach the D how to tackle . To see a professional team not be able to tackle? That is coaching, coaching and lack of coaching. It also is the basis of football. And we got guys that can't tackle. Shameful. Work on basics, start switching guys around to see who can play man, who can't. If a guy can't cover 1 on 1, see if we got someone else who can. We are 4 games in and still don't have the proper guys in the spots where they will do the best. Still tackling poorly at times, and certain guys. We are not going to be getting a big infusion of new players anytime soon, so might as well learn who does best in which situation. If JoN doesn't do better than to date, he should be gone at yr's end. Up to him to get it together. Putting too much stuff on players is ridiculous. Simplify it so every player knows for sure what his job is. Once that is down cold, then move on. But right now, we got guys who aren't sure what or who should be where.
The Yorks is the answer. They cursed the franchise. The Universe hates how the various Yorks ended up owning an NFL franchise instead of a McDonalds. The curse will be lifted when all the Yorks are sent away on a Greyhound bus.
Originally posted by carlgo:
The Yorks is the answer. They cursed the franchise. The Universe hates how the various Yorks ended up owning an NFL franchise instead of a McDonalds. The curse will be lifted when all the Yorks are sent away on a Greyhound bus.

This

They would f**k up anything they are in charge of.

Wish we could make Jed the leader of ISIS
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by carlgo:

This

Get real, one thing is certain in the NFL, an owner does not have to win. The checks keep pouring in from Networks, Advertisers and us suckers that watch every week.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
This

Too bad we can't get ISIS to off these clowns.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
PHX has already posted that we aren't going to start firing HCs. I mean 3 in 3 yrs is enough. We have to stay with Kelly and see what he can do. We fire chip who is navigating once again wiht only half a team, it isn't his fault. We are snakebit with injuries and that does not reflect badly on the HC...or at least it shouldn't.

You fire Kelly and what decent coach will want to come here knowing that he is on the hot seat from Day 1? Good luck with that. Its not like there's a lot of upside with this roster, particularly at quarterback that would lure in any high-end coaching candidate. I think not just for Kelly's sake to see what he can do once he has better personnel in place, but also looking towards the future and potentially hiring some other coach, you have to give Chip enough time to show that he can either swim like Phelps or drown and sink to the bottom.
Get rid of the dead weight on the roster. We should be able to identify the players who qualify as such and replace them ASAP.
Oneil blows and baalke is an idiot.
Baalke, Gabbert, Kap. Too bad we can't show Jed the door.
Baalke. Gabbert. Kap. TJE. Patton. Vance. Brock. Bethea. Wilhoite.

Originally posted by wailers15:
everyone. I like Chip Kelly a lot but let's stop kidding & lying to ourselves. He's best suited for the college game. That's where he needs to be. Baalke is an obvious. But again what coach would want to come work for the 49ers given the mess that the ownership has let run a muck. Too many leaks to the media. I think the question com,es down to if a big time College say LSU or USC comes a knocking you know he's going to leave & have them buyout his contract. Sorry but those 2 programs offer a more attractive coaching job. Plus less egos.

Look the lack of talent & depth on this team is the biggest concern IMO. Yes the front office drafts these players, but the majority are already here so how do we build this team into a contender? lol good luck doing that in 3 years. we are more like 4-5 years away from being contenders. Need better drafts & more players.

This. Remember last year when a lot said it was a rebuilding year? With our lack of talent, it's going to take us 5 years to be even competitive. Next year will be no different. Might be a good thing, we can draft Lamar Jackson.
Originally posted by ChipKelly:
Baalke and O'Neil.

yup
i looked at the schedule today...and 4-12 is the most realistic record for us. no joke.
Originally posted by fan49:
I would blame the coaching staff for the second half of offense. Cowboys adapted, they should have had a plan for that. They gameplanned well for the first half only

What should Chip have done?

I know the answer , by the way, and it really isn't an option with this talent level. So I'm curious, what would you have wanted Chip to do?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You fire Kelly and what decent coach will want to come here knowing that he is on the hot seat from Day 1? Good luck with that. Its not like there's a lot of upside with this roster, particularly at quarterback that would lure in any high-end coaching candidate. I think not just for Kelly's sake to see what he can do once he has better personnel in place, but also looking towards the future and potentially hiring some other coach, you have to give Chip enough time to show that he can either swim like Phelps or drown and sink to the bottom.

Agree

"IF" and I really mean "IF" anyone gets the boot it'll be Baalke.

He's the logical choice.
Share 49ersWebzone