LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

49ers Week 4 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KayFabe:
I know people always throw it out like it's easy to do, but with all the weaknesses and injuries... Would a 4-3 work better at the moment?

If there ever was a time to do it, it would've been in the offseason with Gym Shorts available. Look at what he has done with basically the same group of guys Chip had on defense in Philly after switching them to his 4-3.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/10/eagles_coach_credits_jim_schwa.html
  • dj43
Originally posted by KayFabe:
I know people always throw it out like it's easy to do, but with all the weaknesses and injuries... Would a 4-3 work better at the moment?

With both Bow and Armstrong gone, that would appear to be worth considering. It would demand more of Blair, Armstead and Buckner - baptism of fire, however, this is the year to do that. This team isn't going to the playoffs anyway, use this year to develop talent. If the result is a three win season the cookie is higher draft choices and more pro-ready players next season.

All of that will certainly test the patience of FANatics but would create the possibility of a quicker turnaround in the future.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It now looks like an enormous mistake that we let Garrison Smith go. Yes, he's far down the depth chart in Seattle, but the potential he showed makes you wonder what he could've done perhaps in 2017, considering all three of our nose tackles will be free agents after the season (Dorsey - UFA, Purcell - ERFA, Ian Williams - UFA).

We have a desperate, and I mean a DESPERATE need for a NT of the future right now. Purcell isn't it, and while Dorsey is slightly better it looks like he's severely declined too. He and Ian Williams have a major injury history recently too. It would be an absolute TRAVESTY and an inexcusable act to ignore NT again this off-season. It already was ridiculous that we did that this past off-season.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Terrance "pot roast" knighten is chilling at home give him a call up! Still not sure what's up with Dorsey? Did he play?

Man, Smith was the only one I was genuinely pissed about. I thought he massively outperformed Purcell.

Make it happen Baalke! At least on a one year contract so we can actually find out about out other positions who are all getting hurt trying to stop the run via the gaping holes along the DL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Man, Smith was the only one I was genuinely pissed about. I thought he massively outperformed Purcell.

Make it happen Baalke! At least on a one year contract so we can actually find out about out other positions who are all getting hurt trying to stop the run via the gaping holes along the DL.

I've never been a fan of Purcell an I thought smith was playing well (so was Tank though). I really don't see why they shouldn't check out pot roast.

I've never been a fan of Purcell an I thought smith was playing well (so was Tank though). I really don't see why they shouldn't check out pot roast.

Good point. Man, what the heck has happened to Tank? He looked like he was making some strides. Scheme? In fact, is he even rushing the QB? I don't even notice. I know Eli isn't...LOL...purely a base down run stopper, if that.

Good point. Man, what the heck has happened to Tank? He looked like he was making some strides. Scheme? In fact, is he even rushing the QB? I don't even notice. I know Eli isn't...LOL...purely a base down run stopper, if that.

Not sure
Share 49ersWebzone