LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Thoughts on the State of the Team: 2017 Outlook & Why Baalke is Responsible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
There is no "running game coordinator"

This is Chip's running game. This is the same running game philosophy he used in Philadelphia.

He runs one play--inside zone--90% of the time, and sprinkles in power and pin-pull in the remaining 10%.

High school running attacks are more diverse than this.

"Chip Kelly" is a pyramid scheme.
Chalk one up to a moral victory...we didn't get blown out by 20 this week...oh have the standards have changed in 2 years...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
We are just not a very good team. We have some nice pieces here and there but overall a bad team with no QB, little to no WR's and no Pass Rush. That spells disaster in the NFL
In a tough spot with sub-par Quarterbacking, worst recieving core in the league, no pass rush, and now without our best player and tone setter on defense. It's going to get uglier.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
In a tough spot with sub-par Quarterbacking, worst recieving core in the league, no pass rush, and now without our best player and tone setter on defense. It's going to get uglier.

We have no more bright spots left...only 4 games into the season...no player you can look at on this current roster and think that is someone we can build around(maybe Hyde)...even with all those draft picks on the defensive side...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This
Dare I say that we are the worst team in the league? Cleveland and Chicago have more talent than we do.

I am not a Chip Kelly fan but hopefully he can turn it around in 3 years....but it all depends on our drafts and fa signings. York picked Baalke over Harbaugh. Looked what happened to us.
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Dare I say that we are the worst team in the league? Cleveland and Chicago have more talent than we do.

I am not a Chip Kelly fan but hopefully he can turn it around in 3 years....but it all depends on our drafts and fa signings. York picked Baalke over Harbaugh. Looked what happened to us.

Predictable result.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:

He didn't pick baalke, jed and harbaugh didn't get along and baalke chose Jed's side
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We still have a lot of football left. We won't win many games, but what's our best bet at trying because I don't think this young roster is throwing in the towel. There's always stats they will work on if anything...

Looks like Bowman is out for a lengthy time and I don't even think Buckner is coming back soon. Lynch will help a limping defense, but obviously, 3-4 isn't gonna look good with our best defensive player / ILB out (and Buckner for awhile).

I thought Purcell would have improved but he's not really doing crap. Is 4-3 more of a way to go now? How to better use Blair/Eli/Tank?

Our Oline is legit, but the offense isn't really what it should be. WTF ta do?!!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
This is a rebuilding year what are all you Debby Downers complaining about?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 2, 2016 at 9:22 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I just want to keep trying though, season is still young... not giving up.
I don't see this team winning another game. Terrible talent, terrible GM, and a terrible owner for not doing anything about it.
Originally posted by mayo49:

rebuilding can only happen when there is actually some young talent on the team that will be around to rebuild...can't rebuild around AA and Patton...
Originally posted by vermonator:
I don't see this team winning another game. Terrible talent, terrible GM, and a terrible owner for not doing anything about it.

LOL.

People sound like me on the board now.
Share 49ersWebzone