LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Do you Have Faith in Chip Kelly's Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you Have Faith in Chip Kelly's Offense?

I personally don't like it, especially in 3rd and short situations , we don't have the option to run with power, we cant grind out 3 or 4 tough yards when we need to I wish we could run some plays with the QB under center, with a FB, TE and halfback on the field, but we don't roll like that , it looks like Chip doesn't believe in power football, his offense is based on speed, and when we are in 3rd and short situations , we are still in that damn shotgun and running the ball up the middle with a single back, or else a quick pass out into the flat, where our WR's or RB's rarely get any YAC, and that's if the pass is completed

what issues do you have with this offense?

or do you believe in this system and want to give it time and wait until we acquire more talent

Thoughts?
Get me a QB that can run his whole offense consistently and get me some playmakers and then I'll make a judgement.

People need to realize a coach can only call plays that his offensive players can actually run....chip can only polish up a turd so much.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Get me a QB that can run his whole offense consistently and get me some playmakers and then I'll make a judgement.

People need to realize a coach can only call plays that his offensive players can actually run....chip can only polish up a turd so much.

Kaeperknick is supposed to be the perfect QB for his system? ...I'd like to see Streater and Burbridge get a shot to play with Smith in those 3 WR sets
  • fly15
  • Veteran
So far.. no
No faith in gabbert either
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Need better players to run it.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
To early to tell for me.

But so far I'm with your assessment. Sometimes I'm like
It's worked everywhere to some extent, so I'll say absolutely.

He literally has no playmakers on offense. Hyde is a good solid back, then squat
I was a vehemently, and vocal in my opposition to Kelly being hired. I bowed to take a wait and see attitude. I think in general his no non sense coaching style seems to be a step up, but replacing Tomsula any real HC would have been an improvement. But so far his results don't inspire confidence. I am worried he doesn't seem to get that we can't successfully run with 8 defenders in the box. And he seems to be inflexible, even when he continually loses the style on his first down plays. So, no, I haven't been won over yet.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
If your QB sucks your offense sucks.
I have no faith in Gabbert
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 28, 2016 at 8:07 AM ]

Originally posted by SoCold:

QB s don't run block or catch their own passes. Or drop them. The only part of this offense that is functioning is pass blocking.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
As for his system (offense), I have a lot more faith in his system than I do with the current guys manning the QB / WR positions... We have the Oline to do a lot of damage to opposing defenses, but our skilled positions aren't up to par. Maybe Hyde is above average, but even he is not all that at this point.
Pre Eagles I thought his system would work the first 2-3 seasons until teams adjust and then success depends on him adapting the system which I didn't know how well he could.

College coaches often have a very specific philosophy and never have to change

Pre 49ers I thought Chip should go back to college

Right now I want Kap in there to see how he can do in it
Originally posted by mayo49:
Need better players to run it.

Boom this is it right here. Nothing more to say or add. We don't have wr's or te's that can catch. And a good QB would be awesome too
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by SoCold:

QB s don't run block or catch their own passes. Or drop them. The only part of this offense that is functioning is pass blocking.

They should at least look around to make sure their RB is in the backfield on the first offensive play of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone