There are 205 users in the forums

Week 3 Seattle Seahawks coaches film analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by awp8912:
I called it last week. Again taking it easy on the current QB, who has a better Oline and Chip Kelly running the offense but struggling worse than Kap last season with Tomsula and Pears blocking for him and while injured.

Pretty much what I predicted as well.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Him and Buckner are too dam tall and don't play low enough. Thus they both are getting pushed around in the run game regardless of their strength. They do better on pass rush downs b/c the o lineman isn't firing off at them low. Thus they can use their raw power. But this only makes both of them part time players and not every down play makers like we need. Hopefully they can learn to play lower

Or more likely you are wrong in your assessment.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Why does AA not play full time ?

bc he's s**tty . Makes me hate Baalke so much lol.

Srsly I want the answer for this he's a mid first round pick in his second year why is he not playing 80-90% of the snaps ?????????

Have we all forgotten about this????

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/8/31/12729630/arik-armstead-shoulder-injury-might-eventually-need-surgery

Well if he's going to f**king suck and get dominated he shouldn't be playing.

Srsly I want the answer for this he's a mid first round pick in his second year why is he not playing 80-90% of the snaps ?????????

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/8/31/12729630/arik-armstead-shoulder-injury-might-eventually-need-surgery

This

Just shut him down and get it done with
Originally posted by Blindfury:
I called it last week. Again taking it easy on the current QB, who has a better Oline and Chip Kelly running the offense but struggling worse than Kap last season with Tomsula and Pears blocking for him and while injured.

Both of you can create a film thread with breakdowns.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

One problem... He is not "sucking".
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:

This

Just shut him down and get it done with

Yah either play or gtfo, none of this part time bs. I don't even think it's the injury its probably he doesn't have enough stamina to play a complete game.

Your definition of sucking must be different than mine. Mine means he's not playing well, not getting to the passer, not stopping the run. So if he's not doing his job then I think he is sucking.
Yah either play or gtfo, none of this part time bs. I don't even think it's the injury its probably he doesn't have enough stamina to play a complete game.

How do you expect a DL to push with a bum shoulder?
  • dj43
Gabbert is terrible, zero redeemable factors. He was 1 for 11 on 3rd downs.

How can you explain the guy being so great at reads yet failing so hard to pass the ball?

It's not like he just delivers bad passes too. He consistently doesn't even attempt to throw past the first down marker.

How can you possibly think a QB is reading the field or seeing the field well when they are dead last on 3rd downs, going 2 years in a row?

If you go back to the passing game thread you will recall there were numerous times when none of the receivers ran routes past the LTG. Numerous posters in various threads have criticized the play calling and selection. Modkins affirmed this is failing in his presser. He said the coaches didn't give the players the plays and plan to be successful. Too much emphasis on spreading the field horizontally and far too many passive play calls.

One good example of this was the first 3rd down play where Kerley had room to run his slant route to the LTG but flattened out his route, caught the pass 2 yards short and was tackled immediately. That was all on Kerley, not Gabbert. Other examples in the other thread.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
I don't think Gabbert did anything in that game to lose the game for us but he didn't do anything to win it.. The INT he had wasn't his fault, the ball was right where the receiver would want it, Patton simply blew it. I really hated a number of the play calls. I think Modkins hit it right on the head in his presser when he said they have to give their guys a better plan and a better situation. There were a number of designed play calls that were just bad ideas. I don't care who would've been our QB in this game, I don't think we win. We could've had Steve Young under center and I don't think we win this game.

didn't do anything to lose the game? How about converting 1st downs? Helping our defense to rest, TO FEEL MOTIVATED TO STAY IN THE GAME. How about waiting for something else to be open than hitting the first short pass he feels comfortable with

of course you don't care who could've been the QB this game. The point is, we don't know what could've happened. BUT what we do know, is Gabbert continues to play as the worse Starting QB in the League.

I got to get back to work.. I'll edit it this later....
The defense gave up a TD in 3 plays on the first drive of the game - they then gave up another TD the very next drive - yet that's on the offense?? C'mon, man. How many teams you know get down to Seattle 14-0 in the first quarter and win in Seattle??

Personally, I was going to be WAY more harsh to Chip in my OP than I was. I thought our game-plan was absolute garbage. Seattle snuffed out so many of our plays it wasn't even funny. His offense was exposed for what it has been - too simple and relies too much on misdirection.

I'll give you this shot - you can analyze this and tell me what should've happened:

This was 3rd and 4 - Seattle has a free rusher at Gabbert off the RT because Brown screwed up - where does he go with the ball to get a 1st??
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Then don't play him, Justin smith played a lot with a bum shoulder. This guy is on his way to being a big time bust.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Your definition of sucking must be different than mine. Mine means he's not playing well, not getting to the passer, not stopping the run. So if he's not doing his job then I think he is sucking.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-seahawks-49ers-grades/
  • dj43
Originally posted by Blindfury:

What did your find study show?

He shouldn't play then. and if we don't have anyone better to replace him with then that's on Baalke. Just like AA not producing is.
Share 49ersWebzone