Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Kaep get a start?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by awp8912:
Hilarious. All off-season, Gabbert this, and Gabbert that. Essays written on the guy and now the "expert" wisdom that was wrong time and time again is trying to convince us all Kap is garbage too!!

....Yeah as if there is an ounce of credibility left from all that Gabbert talking up all off-season that many of us and the rest of the world already knew was false.

Only difference between Gabbert and Kap right now is, Gabbert is playing and making mistakes. What, do you think Kap is not gonna make any mistakes and all of a sudden light the world on fire after a year off?? You think Kelly's offense is gonna magically make him an elite QB with this defense backing him up??

No. I and the rest of the world that didn't think for one second Gabbert was anything more than a bust, think the Oline which hasn't been this good since 2013 will make Kap 10x better than Gabbert........cause ya know that's kind of an important thing to have for a QB especially one that thrives on throwing down the field and loves to improvise and extend big plays.........

No one thought Gabbert was gonna be the next best thing, people thought he was a better fit for the offense, could spread the ball around a lot more and manage the offense.

And 10x better than Gabbert, setting the bar a little low there, shoot I'm pretty sure Ponder can step in and look better than Gabbert. And since you bring up the O-line, I'm also willing to bet Kap get's sacked a lot more than Gabbert does, dude just holds onto the ball forever and a day.

But whatever, I'm fine with the coaching staff making a switch at QB after a game or two I think it's time. One thing though, if Kap is a team player, he'd restructure and waive that injury clause don't you think, or will he go with the same song and dance if he starts to falter??
Who care about the money, injury clauses, unfinished house paintings, peoples feelings ..put the damn QBs in there till someone starts playing the actual position. and if they can't dont do it, then we would know to cut them all in the off season

LOL who cares, I'm sure everyone that matters in the organization cares. You don't pay a QB who's played terrible for two years $30 million dollars, only to be stuck with him again for a third year. If Kap restructured, I think he would gain more respect from the front office and teammates.
everyone in the Org wants to see if we have a QB on the roster. It's time to find out about the 2 other QBs.

Kaeps money will not hinder us next season if he's injured. We can still afford two good WRs and even a Vet QB like Fitz if we need to
Originally posted by dj43:
Do you watch football much?

I ask that seriously because every team in the league has changed their defense to stop RO plays. There is a spy whose job it is to hit the QB whether he has the ball or not. Teams like Seattle have placed greater emphasis on the speed of LBs to prevent a QB from getting around the edge.

Have you also forgotten that Harbaugh "simplified" the offense for him in an attempt to overcome his failings in making correct reads?

This is a much bigger issue than Marcus Martin.

Yup Because all Kap is known for is the RO. Yup. Not extending plays and throwing down the field when the Oline can actually keep him upright........right. SMH.

Where were you between 2012-2015?

Even last season he had big plays even while being hurried and sacked all the time. But your right, defenses figured out the read option so Kap wont be successful again........because as any 49er fan knows that's all Kap brings to the table, is his ability to run the football, not his rocket arm and propensity to look down the field for a big splash play...................

I ask that seriously because every team in the league has changed their defense to stop RO plays. There is a spy whose job it is to hit the QB whether he has the ball or not. Teams like Seattle have placed greater emphasis on the speed of LBs to prevent a QB from getting around the edge.

Have you also forgotten that Harbaugh "simplified" the offense for him in an attempt to overcome his failings in making correct reads?

Then how was it possible for him to be on pace for his best season yet in 2014, up until we trotted out guy's to block that were well below NFL standard?

I think you're downplaying how bad Martin is and how much pressure up the middle affects a QB. We play that dude for one snap and he gives up a sack still today.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 28, 2016 at 10:02 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
when baalke says it's okay to start him.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Then how was it possible for him to be on pace for his best season yet in 2014, up until we trotted out guy's to block that were well below NFL standard?

I think you're downplaying how bad Martin is and how much pressure up the middle affects a QB. We play that did for one snap and he gives up a sack still today.

He's also false about the dumbing down myth. All they did was remove most of the garbage verbiage from the playbook. It was unnecessary and led to timeouts and false starts. And it also destroyed Roman's career in Buffalo too. But of course anything to pretend that Kap is a dumb player and isn't as smart as the Bust Gabbert.

Check out Mangini's own words from yesterday for proof of this false myth that Kap was too stupid to run Harbaugh's system. Funny the Bust Gabbert that consistently chooses the wrong reads never gets this kind of myth about his intelligence as often.......

Proof below at 12:10

The last time kap had an offensive line that gave him any time to pass he was a solid qb. I'd argue our pass blocking this year looks better than any time during harbs time here, Iupati was not a good pass blocker at all.

Hopefully he gets a shot here soon. I want to see what he does with this o line.
Originally posted by jeffjtk123:
The last time kap had an offensive line that gave him any time to pass he was a solid qb. I'd argue our pass blocking this year looks better than any time during harbs time here, Iupati was not a good pass blocker at all.

Hopefully he gets a shot here soon. I want to see what he does with this o line.

But.....but.....that doesn't matter, that won't help Kap at all.....after all.....it isn't helping Blaine Gabbert, who is the second coming of Montana.......
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
When's he going to start to pay out the money he said he would donate to his cause? Still no word, just his usual BS...About the same as his current level of play, BS

You could have Googled this yourself.
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article102994742.html

What is his current level of play?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
If Baalke has no intention of playing him he is an idiot for having him on the roster and if Baalke is undecided about playing him, he is an indecisive idiot.

Actually he kinda had no choice to keep Kap on the roster since he couldn't pass a physical before April 1st, his salary became guaranteed. Imagine if he did pass that physical, he would've been gone, he wouldn't have looked so skinny and teams probably would've gave up more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

One thing is for sure, if the team ends the season with a sub par record, either Baalke or Kap will be gone. If Baalke isn't fired then I bet he would want to get rid of Kaps salary asap. if Baalke is fired, Kap may give the team a team-friendly restructure IMO, why, I just think the relationship between Baalke and Kap really isn't good behind closed doors.

Why couldn't the 49ers have released Kaepernick at any time after April first through today?
My understanding is that they could have released him and saved money (roster bonus) doing so and they would have absorbed the Kaep hit this year when they had a ton of unused cap space.
If Baalke has no intention of playing him he is an idiot for having him on the roster and if Baalke is undecided about playing him, he is an indecisive idiot.

Actually he kinda had no choice to keep Kap on the roster since he couldn't pass a physical before April 1st, his salary became guaranteed. Imagine if he did pass that physical, he would've been gone, he wouldn't have looked so skinny and teams probably would've gave up more than a 3rd or 4th round pick.

One thing is for sure, if the team ends the season with a sub par record, either Baalke or Kap will be gone. If Baalke isn't fired then I bet he would want to get rid of Kaps salary asap. if Baalke is fired, Kap may give the team a team-friendly restructure IMO, why, I just think the relationship between Baalke and Kap really isn't good behind closed doors.

Why couldn't the 49ers have released Kaepernick at any time after April first through today?
My understanding is that they could have released him and saved money (roster bonus) doing so and they would have absorbed the Kaep hit this year when they had a ton of unused cap space.
I don't think they would have saved a whole lot. And what doesnt get spent this year rolls over to next year, so taking a hit now vs then probably doesnt matter much. And seriously, with the other options they had being worse than Kap and Gabbert, I think i would have spent the million or so they saved by keeping him this year as a backup.

Couple more weeks. Then Crapernick can come in and suck and then get a bad injury so we will be stuck with the bums entire salary next year.
I think who ever is the worst needs to play QB. The 49ers are not going to the playoffs this year. Pull a Jimmy Johnson and tank so the 49ers can get the highest picks available.
If he can't beat out the crap show that is blaine gabbert I don't think its a stretch to say Kap will never play in the NFL again.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When we played in the NFCCG the previous year, and become a SB contender the following year. Then Kaep can start and carry the team to the SB.

Why is it so hard for people to admit that we were only a Superbowl contender because Kap took over?

Why is it so hard to believe, because it's not true. That seems like a pretty simple explanation. Just because you think it is true doesn't make it so.

Yup, couldn't have been the guy that was putting up 34 a game in the playoffs. Not the guy that accounted 450 yds and 4 TDs against the Pack. Not the guy that put up 370 yds and 2 TDs against a defense that just raped a couple future HOFers. It was that defense that was giving up 27 a game, right?

They gave up 30 a game in the playoffs. It was the offense keeping us in the game. The D was never the same after cowboy got hurt. He wasn't totally healthy when he came back
I don't think Kap will start while that injury clause still exists in his contract, no matter how bad Gabbert plays.
Share 49ersWebzone