Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Kaep get a start?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
After the bye week.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The playoffs were out of reach in Week 1.

Anyone who thinks that Kaepernick is going to ride in and save the day after resembling an undrafted quarterback from Appalachian State in half his games last year is purely delusional.

Odds are it will be more inconsistent play, more offensive struggles and then Christian Ponder will get his turn to suck as well.
Then next yr draft a qb with our first pic
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Second half of the season
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
This is starting to get ridiculous, Kelly claims Kap isn't ready to start because he is not 100% ready physically, which is understandable, but Kap not 100% is still better than Gabbert! He is going to wait until the playoffs are out of reach to give Kap a shot! f**king s**t

Playoffs??? Really??? Freaking playoffs??? And Kap will lead this team there???
when its too late to save the season
He's had his audition the last 5 years, if Baalke doesn't know what he has by now he'll never know. For 14 million next year it 's a no-brainer not play him. No owner in their right mind signs him next year. He can make all the talk shows for a few months and then become what he wants, I don't think lit will be as a football player.
Originally posted by mojave45:
Playoffs??? Really??? Freaking playoffs??? And Kap will lead this team there???

I don't think so but I'm sure you hope he doesn't.
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
when its too late to save the season

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When we played in the NFCCG the previous year, and become a SB contender the following year. Then Kaep can start and carry the team to the SB.

Why is it so hard for people to admit that we were only a Superbowl contender because Kap took over?
Before the season, I said after the bye week, Kap would be our starter. But after week 2, I am confident it will be sooner than that.

Combination of health and performance by gabbert.
I'll say the week after our Thursday game. Gabbert gets Dallas, and the arz game because it's short week
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Give glaine two more games and if dont show improvement then pull his ass out and make him inactive and go with kap and ponder.
Yeah, I am thinking after Arizona. Gabbert should get at least two more chances after having to play at Carolina and at Seattle. Plus, Arizona being on a short week, meaning Kap has longer time to prepare for the game at Buffalo. The bye seems a logical choice too, but do you really want to see Gabbert for 4 more games?
[ Edited by hello28 on Sep 27, 2016 at 9:52 AM ]
Fix the OC first. Nobody, not one QB on the team is going to succeed when our OC/HC calls a game wtih run, run, pass...and punt. Did it 9 times in first half converting on 3rd down....unhhh.. ONCE. I for 9, the team got demoralized, and chip held firm. So firm in fact that we came out the second half and it was a redux of the first half. Amazing . Chip just couldn't change the game plan because he KNEW he was right. WRONG!.

So sure, put the worst 3-5 yard passer in and let's see how well we do, when chip is calling run run pass, the opponent's D knows it and just stones our O. Put any QB in and they are going to fail with that kind of ridiculous game plan. Chip may be many things, most of them good. But as an OC....FAIL...he would not move off of that run run pass come hell or high water. And that was just pure stupidity. Hard to imagine a guy like that pulling that kind of stunt twice...TWO weeks in a row. Didn't even try anything else but run run pass. What the heck is the matter with the guy. Is he brain dead when it comes to playing defenses that stop our running game cold. And those guys were camped out on our LOS all the game. Where is the wisdom of that. So sure, put in Ponder, Kap, it doesn't matter til our HC gets his head out of you know where. That will make our QB look a lot better...no matter who it is. But why have silent signals when the SEA D knew what was coming on boht 1st and 2nd down, and then pass on 3rd down. That is just flat out funky stupid.

The other bothersome thing is, if Kap has not signed a waiver re: injury this yr, then if he gets a hangnail, and goes IR, we are on the hook for another $15 mil in 2017. Anybody think a guy on his way out is going to be playing QB wtih that kind of contract? Man I sure don't and it would be incredibly stupid to play him under those circumstances. GAb is NOT the FRanchise QB, and Kap isn't either. Does anyone really think Jed or Trent are going to let him play with that injury waiver unsigned? To play him, already injured and post op 3 surgeries, is stupidity hi to the max if he were to play. I think he is window dressing, and Trent is just praying someone will take him off our hands. Getting another $15 mil next yr if he should get reinjured this yr is foolish. I just don't see that happening, without the injury waiver being signed by. Kap....and he has already declined to do so. Damn, what a frigging mess.
Share 49ersWebzone