There are 209 users in the forums

SF 49ers vs DAL Cowboys Pregame Thread - 2016 Season Week 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ltrain:
We're only 2.5 point dogs this week? Vegas seems to think we might win.

our defense plays well at home only gives 15 points per game the last two years, while giving up 34 points on the road. so we have a shot

Glaine will prob throw 3 INT and blow it.

I think the only way the 49ers win is if Dak gets over confident and starts slinging passes into coverage that he shouldn't and turns the ball over.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Doesn't matter what Chip thinks. "We" could mean Me [Chip] and the other coaches? Trent's making the picks.

49ers also had selections 7 and 10 spots after Dak was taken. It could have been that Trent wanted both Robinson then Dak in the 5th he just got out drafted once again.

If it did not matter what Chip or the coaches think because Baalke makes the picks then why are they even in the war room on draft day?

Of course it matters what they think, because picks aren't made in a vacuum. It's a collaborative effort.
Originally posted by ltrain:
We're only 2.5 point dogs this week? Vegas seems to think we might win.

Another lackluster display and pitchforks will be out in quantity. Hope they can dance on the star...even if the game is in SF and the star is figurative.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Niners 31
Cowgirls 17

I still have hope

If this score is correct, i got the first round of beer...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Guess we know what to expect if Dez is out.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
In the 30 plays that Dez Bryant has been off the field this season, the Cowboys have rushed on 28.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Uh, at first I said Robinson has a long ways to go to show he's anything more than the mediocrity Baalke typically drafts... and then YOU replied with opponent passing yards and passer rating stats in regards to the DBs as a whole, as if that somehow changes the fact these guys have sucked donkey the past 2 weeks. Gosh, do ya think being at home on a MNF season-opener against a rather flat Rams team with the esteemed Case Keenum at QB helped skew those numbers in any way?

And oh, besides the fact Armstead is in his 2nd year, re: Buckner, is it some kind of rule or something that rookies just can't come in and tear it up? Of course I'm not saying the dude is a bust, too early for him or Armstead...but neither have yet to show they'll have the type of significant impact the 49ers are desperate for.

Actually, you said:
"Yeah, he's part of a secondary doing a bang-up job so far... and no one saying he has to be Eric Wright, I'd settle for Don Griffin, but the skinny pothead from LSU has a long way to go. And what's more important, yet another DB or a QB with a ton of potential in the 4th round"

So you disparaged his efforts and the efforts of the defensive backfield in general. He's a rookie and has played a role in a decent backfield, 12th, with no pass rush to help them. That is significant. The fact you want to ignore the data leads me to believe you are more interested in proving your point that they should have drafted a project QB who looks pretty good behind Dallas' good OL. It was a choice and the 49er brain trust thought he would be a project but that Robinson would help right away. So far he looks very good as well.

I understand that if you think Baalke is a horrible drafter then every decision he makes (make that to read--the war room makes) is bad. But that is an emotional stance, not one born of logic.

Since it often takes rookies a year or two to sniff being starters I accept the level Armstead and Buckner are playing as a very good situation going forward. In three years if Prescott is tearing up the NFL and Robinson is out of football we can revisit our discussion.

Yeah I did disparage the secondary's efforts for the past 2 games..... maybe you didn't pay real close attention but they were terrible. Yeah, Robinson "very good" so far, it's just so obvious on a team that got raped by the Panthers and allowed huge pass plays all day to a previously struggling Seahawks offense. You know they had scored 15 points total in 2 games, and then proceeded to drop 14 on the 49ers in first 2 drives just as easy as flicking a booger, right?

And too funny your condescension about being "emotional", yet you're the one getting your feelings hurt over Baalke...yeah, like I've ever said anything close to every decision he makes is bad... given the guy credit when it's due, not my fault it's not very often though.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Uh, at first I said Robinson has a long ways to go to show he's anything more than the mediocrity Baalke typically drafts... and then YOU replied with opponent passing yards and passer rating stats in regards to the DBs as a whole, as if that somehow changes the fact these guys have sucked donkey the past 2 weeks. Gosh, do ya think being at home on a MNF season-opener against a rather flat Rams team with the esteemed Case Keenum at QB helped skew those numbers in any way?

And oh, besides the fact Armstead is in his 2nd year, re: Buckner, is it some kind of rule or something that rookies just can't come in and tear it up? Of course I'm not saying the dude is a bust, too early for him or Armstead...but neither have yet to show they'll have the type of significant impact the 49ers are desperate for.

Actually, you said:
"Yeah, he's part of a secondary doing a bang-up job so far... and no one saying he has to be Eric Wright, I'd settle for Don Griffin, but the skinny pothead from LSU has a long way to go. And what's more important, yet another DB or a QB with a ton of potential in the 4th round"

So you disparaged his efforts and the efforts of the defensive backfield in general. He's a rookie and has played a role in a decent backfield, 12th, with no pass rush to help them. That is significant. The fact you want to ignore the data leads me to believe you are more interested in proving your point that they should have drafted a project QB who looks pretty good behind Dallas' good OL. It was a choice and the 49er brain trust thought he would be a project but that Robinson would help right away. So far he looks very good as well.

I understand that if you think Baalke is a horrible drafter then every decision he makes (make that to read--the war room makes) is bad. But that is an emotional stance, not one born of logic.

Since it often takes rookies a year or two to sniff being starters I accept the level Armstead and Buckner are playing as a very good situation going forward. In three years if Prescott is tearing up the NFL and Robinson is out of football we can revisit our discussion.

Yeah I did disparage the secondary's efforts for the past 2 games..... maybe you didn't pay real close attention but they were terrible. Yeah, Robinson "very good" so far, it's just so obvious on a team that got raped by the Panthers and allowed huge pass plays all day to a previously struggling Seahawks offense. You know they had scored 15 points total in 2 games, and then proceeded to drop 14 on the 49ers in first 2 drives just as easy as flicking a booger, right?

And too funny your condescension about being "emotional", yet you're the one getting your feelings hurt over Baalke...yeah, like I've ever said anything close to every decision he makes is bad... given the guy credit when it's due, not my fault it's not very often though.

Baalke's list of positives is very very short compared to his negatives.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by evil:
Doesn't matter what Chip thinks. "We" could mean Me [Chip] and the other coaches? Trent's making the picks.

49ers also had selections 7 and 10 spots after Dak was taken. It could have been that Trent wanted both Robinson then Dak in the 5th he just got out drafted once again.

If it did not matter what Chip or the coaches think because Baalke makes the picks then why are they even in the war room on draft day?

Of course it matters what they think, because picks aren't made in a vacuum. It's a collaborative effort.

then it prob would have made sense to actually talk to the kid? Instead of just draft the fastest QB who can't throw for s**t.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
So many cowboy fans at the bar I watch football at on Sundays. I'm excited...but terrified at the same time lol. I don't want to hear all those fools talk smack.

then it prob would have made sense to actually talk to the kid? Instead of just draft the fastest QB who can't throw for s**t.

Based on Kelly's history regarding certain players, I doubt he wanted to take Rashard Robinson.

• evil
  • Veteran

Probably would make sense to have facts to go off of instead of debating over opinions and speculation.
  • Driew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Based on Kelly's history regarding certain players, I doubt he wanted to take Rashard Robinson.

Huh? He dealt with a very troubled Oregon team and took an undefeated team to the national championship with 2, 3, and some 4 star recruits. He knows how to work with trouble people if they're willing to listen like Robinson has shown. He doesn't have the time of day for guys who think they know it all so can ignore the coach.

You like to use terms and words like "maybe you didn't pay...attention" 'it's just so obvious" "raped" "allowed huge pass plays all day" "flicking a booger." One of those terms relates to football. They are mostly words to create enmity, not encourage discussion. In other words, your posts are close-out language.

But that's OK, everyone posts differently and if you prefer anger and hostility it's your choice. As for condescension, implying people who disagree with you know nothing is the very essence of the word.

You have obviously not read my comments on Baalke, which is certainly your right. But to consider me an emotional supporter of Baalke is laughable. Once again, I see that as an emotional lashing out on your part, lumping me in with the huge group of Baalke homers and fanboys you seem to see all over the site. Even posts from today I've said that the HC has to be the driving force because Baalke lacks the vision to be that genius behind the team. But if that is your idea of Baalke love, so be it.

When you give a QB enough time almost any can complete passes. The problems with the defense are mostly due to underperforming LBs and run defense by the DL. I don't mind the DL because they are young, but the LBs lack talent in my opinion. Losing Aldon and Patrick over the past two years hurts this team a great deal.

I will grant you my hyperbole about your Baalke attitude may be as misplaced as your's toward me. If so I will read your comments more closely, but I don't recall you making a positive comment about the guy.
I think after the game, the national media will start the conversation on whether or not Dak Prescott will ever be a starting QB in the league once Romo comes back.

I think we will make him look beyond ordinary, and it will spark talks about how the first 3 weeks were a bit of a mirage.
I better see Hyde outplay Elliot or I'll be pissed. The least this damn team can do is show who has the better Ohio State running back.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Sep 28, 2016 at 2:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone