LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

What are the long term ramifications if we continue to implode this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Marriages will continue to implode.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Im 26 years old and besides the Harbaugh years all I can really remember is all the bad years fml

As a kid I lived through the really DARK mid/late 70s nightmare...not there yet but getting closer.
Number 1 picks for years to come
I'm worried.. this offense is seriously void of talent but the scheme also looks very elementary to me as well. I thought chip was suppose to an offensive genius who could at least create a few favorable matches.. so far nothing
To answer your question,

one of the long term ramifications is somebody will have to take the fall.

Who will be the question.
I have not been emotionally vested in this team in awhile. I love the 49ers and they have been my team for 26 years but I will not invest in this team until they get a new owner. What Jed did to Harbaugh left a bad taste in my mouth.
League has caught up to Kelly and his offense. It' s nothing special. Number one pick next year! Hope there is a franchise quarterback available.
We'll have jed and some numbskull tell us everything is fine and we are on schedule.
Baalke will be fired, for sure.
It's called REBUILDING!!! Continued play like what was displayed last Sunday and this will warrant a total rebuild. Now, there are some pieces to use and build with, like the OL, but, a couple of WR's, one decent TE who can HOLD ON TO THE BALL, a GOOD QB, and a PASS RUSHER OR TWO would really go far in helping this team If blowing this muhf#%a up is necessary, then damn let's do it

Originally posted by NinerTy:
It's called REBUILDING!!! Continued play like what was displayed last Sunday and this will warrant a total rebuild. Now, there are some pieces to use and build with, like the OL, but, a couple of WR's, one decent TE who can HOLD ON TO THE BALL, a GOOD QB, and a PASS RUSHER OR TWO would really go far in helping this team If blowing this muhf#%a up is necessary, then damn let's do it
By the time we rebuild staley will be 40
Originally posted by Predator85:
Clean house and seek actual experts on a GM and coaching hire.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Hopefully it's Kelly gone after year 1.

We've had three different coaches the last three years. Right or wrong I think Kelly will be here for at least three years, but It could be Gamble/Kelly for the last two.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
One issue I had with the Chip Kelly hiring was he would be boom or bust. With that said if Baalkes draft pics don't pan out this year he's as good as gone. If he's gone does Jed clean house from top to bottom? Would a new gm want a new head coach? Or would he give kelly time to fully implement his scheme? We could be looking at a total rebuild again if things don't turn around.

Trent Baalke is gone easily. That decision is a no brainer. And I am someone who has supported Baalke, but the reality is, the picks have not delivered and he brought in Kelly, who so far, has not even resembled the Eagles Chip Kelly in terms of coaching. I fully expected us to be 1-2 at this point. I also expected us to have put up more of a fight. It could be argued that we did for a half against Carolina. Maybe so. But for us to come out after being blown out by Carolina and follow it up with this kind of performance against one of the worse offense in the league? The sad thing is...Baalke is the only one with any kind of football mind in the organization, excluding the coaches. If Jed York were to fire Baalke, who the hell is going to conduct the GM search? We could make Tom Gamble the GM, but I'd rather just go outside of the organization altogether and find someone sensible, that can evaluate what we have and see what is salvageable and dump the players that do not fit in going forward.
Jed York will hold a press conference and say he will fix things. He will remind people that he talks to his uncle Eddie D. He will tell us nobody is more committed to winning than him.....
Share 49ersWebzone