LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

49ers Faithful : 70 Years and Counting

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Became a fan in 1971.
Became a fan in 94. I was 13
The 49ers and I are the same age, with both of us having been born in San Francisco in 1946. I was a fan since cognition and as a child was taken to Kezar for all home games for a number of years before we moved to the family farms in the Sacramento Valley. The 49ers, as bad as they were for a large portion of their history, were always my one and only NFL team. Even when I couldn't stand its owners and coaches, there were always a few players who made it all worthwhile - although it's been very trying during the York years (except when Harbaugh was around).
Just had to send a shoutout to the Faithful.

One week after a devastating loss of a FQB, the Faithful TOOK OVER StubHub Center.

90% Faithful there. No joke.
If i can share my Testimony. I came to the States when i was a little kid. Remember watching 49ers games as Kids because me and my brother would skip sunday church .Watching games on our little 19 inch tv with rabbit ears. Like ive said before. "49ers the way it was,the way it is,the way it always will be"
[ Edited by sanjo49er on Sep 30, 2018 at 10:06 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Just had to send a shoutout to the Faithful.

One week after a devastating loss of a FQB, the Faithful TOOK OVER StubHub Center.

90% Faithful there. No joke.

I became a fan in 1946 when my dad walked me across the street to the Polo Field in GG Park to watch the new team in town. I was almost 4. I saw the red jerseys and was hooked. Met Frankie Albert, Coach Buck Shaw, etc. My uncles had season tickets and I saw my first of several games when they played in the All American Football Conference (AAFC). I still have the program from the first game I attended in 1947 vs. the New York Yankees. Was privileged to see the Million Dollar Backfield, almost every great QB that ever played, Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, etc., and some of the all-time great backs including Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Willie Galimore, etc.

I played golf many times with Joe Perry and the great Ollie Matson at Lincoln Park when I was a kid, and later with Johnny Fuller, HOFer Jimmy Johnson, etc. This is my 72nd season as a fan and there are fewer and fewer of the true Faithful. Many newer fans don't understand the loyalty and dedication of the Faithful and are simply fair weather fans. Injuries have decimated the plans of Shanahan for this season but NEVER GIVE UP. That's the mark of the FAITHFUL.

[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Oct 1, 2018 at 5:37 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
I became a fan in 1946 when my dad walked me across the street to the Polo Field in GG Park to watch the new team in town. I was almost 4. I saw the red jerseys and was hooked. Met Frankie Albert, Coach Buck Shaw, etc. My uncles had season tickets and I saw my first of several games when they played in the All American Football Conference (AAFC). I still have the program from the first game I attended in 1947 vs. the New York Yankees. Was privileged to see the Million Dollar Backfield, almost every great QB that ever played, Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, etc., and some of the all-time great backs including Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Willie Galimore, etc.

I played golf many times with Joe Perry and the great Ollie Matson at Lincoln Park when I was a kid, and later with Johnny Fuller, HOFer Jimmy Johnson, etc. This is my 72nd season as a fan and there are fewer and fewer of the true Faithful. Many newer fans don't understand the loyalty and dedication of the Faithful and are simply fair weather fans. Injuries have decimated the plans of Shanahan for this season but NEVER GIVE UP. That's the mark of the FAITHFUL.

you make it sound like it is treason to question lynch and kyle. we have the right to be critical. no matter how long you have been a fan of the team, and not have to be accused of being a band wagon fan, your injury excuse is quite lame because it does not answer how poor our defense is with the tackling that would make jimmy johnson and dave wilcox and the fudgehammer puke, it also does not explain kyles terrible game decisions yesterday at the close of the first half and in the second half which made monte clark turn over in his grave.

Share 49ersWebzone