LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Why didn't we counter against Giants defense (Belichick) better?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
AND ..... funny how you mentioned BILL suckin at drafting WRs and would always have a huge TE around...

follow the roots if you can...

PARCELLS - Bavaro; Mowatt; Coats; Witten; to name a few (Best WRs: keshawn & glenn)

BELICHICK - Watson; Graham; Brady; Hernandez; Gronk (Moss & Welker)

BAALKE - DAVIS, SWISSKNIFE; VANCE; BELLDOZER.. (Boldin & Crab)
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Those Giants teams were loaded with talent on defense, they would have been tough to move the ball on even if they were coached by Tomsula.
Originally posted by BobS:
Those Giants teams were loaded with talent on defense, they would have been tough to move the ball on even if they were coached by Tomsula.

LMAO!

The Tomsula punch line was worth a season in the gutter, no?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Belichek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Walsh
obviously.

NOT so fast my friend...

As great as Bill is, he can't find offensive talent years after years as well as Bill was able to.. Bill found Joe, traded for Steve, and continue to win then, Bill would could have never have won all those Super Bowls w/o Brady or win them with Drew as his QB..

Bill woulda been fired and long gone had the JETS LB never injured Drew.. Brady woulda been bouncing around as a backup up to this point.

So, even if Bill has more SB win than Bill, he could never build a team from ground zero the way Bill can..

.. and deep down, Bill became a great coach because of trying to figure out how to beat Bill..

BTW, who is to say the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl that year with Bledsoe?

I get it that Brady never would have gotten a shot....at least not for another few years. But Bledsoe did win the AFC Championship game that 2001 season when Brady was hurt to get the Patriots to the Bowl.

Probably no dynasty, but I think the hoodie could have won a chip with Bledsoe.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Belichek>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Walsh

Right.and how many times was Walsh caught cheating?
Share 49ersWebzone