There are 179 users in the forums

Will the Niners beat Seattle in week 3?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will the Niners beat Seattle in week 3?

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Last year Gabbert threw for 265 yards at 63% with 1 td no ints. If he can do that or better while we actually get our running game going I like our chances.

The game last year against the Seahawks is probably the best game of Gabbert's NFL career. It's his second highest passer rating in any game he's thrown for at least 200 yards (behind the game against the Lions last year). I wouldn't count on him replicating that this year let alone improving on it.

If we get an average game from Gabbert and force some turnovers, we may have a chance, because the Seahawks' offense stinks this year. I'd be shocked if we get a consistent running game going against them.

Kaepernick starts and it's an automatic loss. That's why Gabbert is starting. Otherwise Chip Kelly would be starting Kap but he sucks so there it is.

Gabbert is no top 15 QB either, but I'm going to watch the game and hope for a win. You?
Niners 17
Hawks 13

f**k the seachickens!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Prepare thine anuses
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We will win.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Last year Gabbert threw for 265 yards at 63% with 1 td no ints. If he can do that or better while we actually get our running game going I like our chances.

The game last year against the Seahawks is probably the best game of Gabbert's NFL career. It's his second highest passer rating in any game he's thrown for at least 200 yards (behind the game against the Lions last year). I wouldn't count on him replicating that this year let alone improving on it.

If we get an average game from Gabbert and force some turnovers, we may have a chance, because the Seahawks' offense stinks this year. I'd be shocked if we get a consistent running game going against them.

Kaepernick starts and it's an automatic loss. That's why Gabbert is starting. Otherwise Chip Kelly would be starting Kap but he sucks so there it is.

Gabbert is no top 15 QB either, but I'm going to watch the game and hope for a win. You?

I hope the middle of the 9ers defensive line can cause big time pressure on Wilson right up the gut and the OLBs keep him from squirting out the sides (that might be easier if his ankle still bothers him much), then ILBs and safeties keep any quick dumpoffs Wilson might get off to short yardage with little to no RAC. I think the defense will be very solid against rushes. It wouldn't surprise me to see the defense produce at least a couple of turnovers. They will also probably get burned at least once on a long gainer-touchdown.

With the 9ers offense I think as long as the players execute reasonably well that it's going to come down to Kelly vs. Carroll . It could develop into a real chess match.

The 9ers offense isn't likely to put up a lot of points but the 9ers defense may be able to throttle the Hawks offense down to 14 points or less. It seems like it could be a low scoring game (neither team getting more than 20 points). The offense has got to put up probably at least 13 to 17 points to win and it will take every person on the offense doing what they are supposed to do get those points. And no turnovers.

That's not all too much to ask for is it?
[ Edited by 49erphan on Sep 25, 2016 at 12:42 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
As they stood their with their pants down, we beat them, alright

#BeatThemOff
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Sneaking suspicion that the Hawks will "wake up" against the 9ers. They're tired of hearing all the questions and we traditionally $uck playing in Seattle the last several years.

35-17 Seahawks.

Pretty close.......

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Did we win?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Did we win?

according to PFF, YES! Congrats fellas, things are looking up. Make room in the trophy case!
Out of curiousity, if there are us and them on this board...do we get uniforms? I want number 74 and I prefer a full face mask with a tinted visor. Where do I get my ankles wrapped? Multiple ankle injuries in the past make that a must!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Did we win?

according to PFF, YES! Congrats fellas, things are looking up. Make room in the trophy case!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by susweel:
30-10 seattle

24-10 seattle

and our TD will be in garbage time.

Pretty close
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Did we win?

We have the All-PFF team.
Share 49ersWebzone