"even more than Kap at times"

deal with it

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Jcool:
"even more than Kap at times"

deal with it

Originally posted by awp8912:
Wow. Never read so many excuses for Gabbert. He was hurried only 5 times in 2 straight games. Sacked only twice!

How can anyone call him inconsistent in this day and age?

When has he ever shown anything other than sub par game play?

He has never even won 2 games in a row. I would say he's the absolute definition of consistent.....consistently below average.
that's why stats don't tell the whole story and I watch the film - there was one throw that was off-target because they blitzed a DB off the edge, Hyde picked it up but got pushed back slightly and Gab had to shuffle forward and reset - causing the ball to come out late and he threw knew it was coming out late and threw it high and outside, away from the closing safety. That's a play where the defense isn't credited with a pressure but you can't say it was a clean pocket either - considering the right throw would've come out sooner in the seam.

There was another play where he threw an out route and Hyde got pushed into him so that as he threw he got knocked backwards - not credited as a pressure but another play where the rush was affecting the throw.

Another play, same thing but Kilgore got driven back into Gabbert who was knocked to the ground during the throw and it wasn't credited as a pressure because it was Kilgore who made contact with him to knock him down.

But you're right...those are excuses....

This is why I say I write up the QB stuff at the end - I talked about Gabbert missing throws and playing scared, "never read so many excuses"

But you're right, how could anyone call Gabbert inconsistent - it's only what Greg Cosell, Steve Young, Trent Dilger and others have said as well.....
Didn't look like Hyde was hit hard enough by the second defender as he was going down to cause the fumble at all on the replay. Hyde needs to hold on to the ball better.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

But you're right, how could anyone call Gabbert inconsistent - it's only what Greg Cosell, Steve Young, Trent Dilger and others have said as well.....

lol this. I'm big on stats, but people can cherry pick stats from a game, a quarter, a series, a play, to come to whatever conclusion they want.

The film however, doesn't lie.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Didn't look like Hyde was hit hard enough by the second defender as he was going down to cause the fumble at all on the replay. Hyde needs to hold on to the ball better.

Right. Remember he also had a fumble returned for 6 in the pre-season as well. Can't do that as a feature running back.

I'm confident he'll fix it.
Here was an example of bad laundry on the field - not sure how the refs call Tiller for a hold - this was big because it was on a 3rd and 5 in 4 down territory late in the game.

Super late flag and to me it doesn't look like Tiller does anything to cause a hold
Anyone having problems with tinypic?? mine keeps saying, "Error 503 service unavailable"
Here was an example of bad laundry on the field - not sure how the refs call Tiller for a hold - this was big because it was on a 3rd and 5 in 4 down territory late in the game.

Super late flag and to me it doesn't look like Tiller does anything to cause a hold

Yeah, that's a ticky-tack call. Definitely not a hold, but hooks him slightly on the shoulder for a split second. Didn't seem to impede his rush at all.

't's enough to throw the flag if the ref wants to. Most of the time they would let something like that slide.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Anyone having problems with tinypic?? mine keeps saying, "Error 503 service unavailable"

Tinypic.com is unavailable.
The website is currently under maintenance...

Mine too
  • thl408
Here's the perfect to start off a road game - with a forced turnover.

To both Cam's left and right are mirrored Curl-Flat concepts with a Curl route over the middle. I've cut plays up in the past that had this route combination and referred to it as the Hank concept.
vs Cover2 Zone

Bow is seen breaking on the route before Cam even starts his windup.

Tipped by Bow, INT'ed by Bethea.
^^ Nice break on the ball by Bowman.

Guys, how has Bowman looked in coverage overall so far this year? Seems to me he's holding up much better than last year
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 20, 2016 at 1:36 PM ]
  • thl408
I know jonnydel broke this play down, but I also had it cut up and wanted to show how it was a very good route combination given the coverage call and how Gabbert didn't give this play a chance.

CAR shows pressure presnap, but will back off at the snap to play Cover 2 Zone. It looks odd because it's in the red zone and everything is condensed, but it is Cover 2 Zone. The two "deep" safeties are highlighted in blue.
The yellow, orange, and green routes are designed to bust two Cover2 safeties with a horizontal stretch. As the play unfolds, jonny showed how Patton came open.

Gabbert looks to the Smash and it's covered. His next progression should be to move to his left. If the safety covers the Corner (yellow), then who is covering Patton? It's not the other safety because the other safety is covering the green route. It's basically three routes attacking two defenders. Since none of the LBs in the middle of the field gain depth, Patton is uncovered.

Gabbert has a nice pocket but hears ghost and bails out of the pocket for no reason. The moment Patton puts his arm in the air to say "I'm open" is the exact moment Gabbert starts to evade phantom pressure. If Gabbert sticks to his progression, there is a window to hit Patton. That's as big a window as you're going to get versus CAR zone coverage in the red zone.

Gabbert sees dead people.

Could have had a TD to open the game.
I might have been seeing things wrong, but it seem to me as if rashard Robinson was on kelvin Benjamin a lot in the first half of the game & Benjamin was pretty quiet, the Robinson gets injured later, they put ward on him & he goes off. Was that my eyes playing with me, or did that really happen?
Share 49ersWebzone