There are 213 users in the forums

49ers Week 2 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by susweel:
I agree with everything except that Mcdonald's drop was a pretty basic catch, it may have been difficult for him considering his history but most good NFL TE's make that catch with ease.

Didn't' he drop a similar pass vs Carolina a few years ago.
Yes......He got behind Luke deep middle and could'nt bring it in
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Well they both sucked.

Kap was injured last year and at least has played well before. I don't think anyone in here really thinks Kap is a good QB, but I think most are at least interested in seeing what Kap can do in a Chip Kelly offense. But they only feel that way because Gabbert hasn't impressed anyone.

I agree with that but I wouldn't expect much from Kap neither.

If only we could combine them into one QB.

Gabbert can stay in the pocket and read the entire field but whiffs on 50% of his throws down field.

Kap can only read a quarter of the field but he can throw a 90mph ball that impales the WR. Plus he is willing to take more chances.

Combine them into one QB and you got yourself a franchise QB.

I don't think anyone IS expecting anything. If Blaine isn't the guy (and I understand some still think he might be) its only natural to simply want to see what the next guy can do...particularly when that other guy has been good at some point in his career.

Honestly this was what I predicted in the preseason. I think the best thing that could happen to Kap was NOT to get the starting job in preseason. It gives him more time to learn, more time to get healthy, more time to bulk up, and if Gabbert struggles then the fanbase is MUCH, MUCH more receptive to him being behind center.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 20, 2016 at 10:40 AM ]
Great analysis Marvin, as usual. I'm sorry,but we gotta see what Kaep can do in this offence. Gabbert's timidity to go downfield is really problematic. I have to think that this is quite frustrating for Chip Kelly as he's watching his offence be terribly underutilized.

But IMHO this was a scheduled loss for the 49ers. The 49ers had to travel 3 times zones to play the conference champs on a short week after MNF, a team coming off 10 days rest, way more prep time, and way more time to heal. With that kind of travel the 49ers realistically had, maybe, a day of full practice and prep time, and very little time to heal (this, in my mind, was a real contributing factor with Armstrong's injury). The 49ers, already an underdog, had no chance of winning that game. When I first looked at the schedule I could not figure out why the NFL didn't just schedule the Seabuzzard's game first, then the Panthers game. And on top of that the 49ers travel back across 3 time zones to play a division rival.

I know the players won't say it, and the coaches will never admit to it, but that type of scheduling was a real factor in that game, and likely to loom large in the upcoming game.
Share 49ersWebzone