LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

How do you honestly feel about the team right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How do you honestly feel about the team right now?

• Lifer
  • Veteran
Pretty much right where I expected them to be. Some people sort of talked themselves into believing there was going to be a big improvement this year, but the reality has always been that this is a talent depleted roster that's at least 2 drafts away from being competitive.

Things will get better in the second half of the season. We'll win a few games. Kap will play sooner or later and we'll see whether he's got anything left. Next year we'll have a high draft pick and maybe a new GM who's able to find playmakers and willing to use Free Agency to shore up the roster.

Welcome to rebuilding.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I understood that he was a savvy coach. Not on Sun...and not against the panthers, a week earlier. This was an example of what a hard head coach looks like. He had to know we couldn't run on SEA but once again, run, run, pass. PUNT. I mean, you can only do that so many times before it becomes embarrassing that everyone sees it but you. Yet that is exactly what happened on Sun. AGAIN. Ouch. Our HC/OC has got to get better or we will need to be bringing in an OC who does see it.

Then on D, the one time we get SEA in 3rd and long, JoN with your blessing, turns turtle and rushes 3. THREE!. 40 some yard pass completion, after giving their QB time to write home and then watch them try to get to him, before throwing the ball. Why? Why did chip not see the obvious. He is a smart guy, but good grief is he hard headed. Next time chip, if we got O for 8 on 3rd down conversions, we need to try throwing on early downs. Running it down their throats if not working...won't work if you continue it. INstead, read the tea leaves, and change if 2 runs won't get it. Try passing on early downs and watch how surprised they are.

We run the ball because the QB sucks balls and can't throw past the sticks. I made up that conclusion from my couch, so why are fans even questioning the playcalling? Its super obvious.

We have 6 guys on offense that have NFL talent. The offensive line and Carlos Hyde. Thats it. Everyone else is garbage. But I cut the receivers and tight ends some slack considering who is throwing the ball to them. Their value is tanking because the QB play has been atrocious.

If Gabbert can't even pass the ball next week against the Cowboys defense that doesn't have any pass rush capability, then just throw in the towel. Either you put Kap or Ponder in, or sign a QB off the streets. I don't even care at this point. Gabbert is the 39th worst QB in the league and there are backup QBs playing better than him.

This team is an embarrassment.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I just wondered where did that great Coach we hired go? Wow, we get stymied 8 out of 9 times meaning 8 3and outs just before end of first half and one series where we converted and then got 3 more plays. That was it. And then chip went into halftime, made his changes, and we come out....run , run, pass punt again, and again. Once in the 3rd Qtr the first play was a 12 yd pass on. 1st down. Our first of the 3rd Qtr. And then chip reverted to run, run, pass. And he did it over and over, expecting a different result. That is the definition of insanity. Why on earth didn't chip get that we cannot run on these guys. Well we can, if you call 2 yrds/clip a run. Whatever, this was a bona fide coaching loss, and very much resembled the same game plan in Carolina. On third and long we didn't convert, with SEA laying back waiting for the pass. It was almost comical, except it was so painful. So I ask you, what exactly do we do to keep chip from going run run pass from now on. He obviously didn't see the big picture that run run pass was not working. Altho I don't know why. He should have been able to see everything quite well from the sideline. I wonder if Trent or Jed discussed getting a real OC, and a real DC. Because chip sure isn't as was advertised.

I understood that he was a savvy coach. Not on Sun...and not against the panthers, a week earlier. This was an example of what a hard head coach looks like. He had to know we couldn't run on SEA but once again, run, run, pass. PUNT. I mean, you can only do that so many times before it becomes embarrassing that everyone sees it but you. Yet that is exactly what happened on Sun. AGAIN. Ouch. Our HC/OC has got to get better or we will need to be bringing in an OC who does see it.

Then on D, the one time we get SEA in 3rd and long, JoN with your blessing, turns turtle and rushes 3. THREE!. 40 some yard pass completion, after giving their QB time to write home and then watch them try to get to him, before throwing the ball. Why? Why did chip not see the obvious. He is a smart guy, but good grief is he hard headed. Next time chip, if we got O for 8 on 3rd down conversions, we need to try throwing on early downs. Running it down their throats if not working...won't work if you continue it. INstead, read the tea leaves, and change if 2 runs won't get it. Try passing on early downs and watch how surprised they are.

Sometimes it takes more than 3 games for a new coach to implement his system.

Just look at Pete Carroll, he went 7-9 in his first two seasons with the Seahawks.

Chip deserves a few years, at least.
  • skip
Man straight up pretty pathetic .we are the laughing stalk of the NFL we need to spend the money and get some talent on this team a qb. A wr. And corners that can cover . 1st time in 30 years it's embarrassing to be a fan and on 3rd and long we throw for a 3 yard pass no sense here's an idea how about passing the ball and stretching the field and scoring tds. How about covering the opposing. Teams best players so they don't burn us for 50yrd touchdowns. Press conferences they say they will watch film and fix it they got humiliated in Carolina then again in Seattle way to fix it. They want to charge an arm and a leg for tickets but they are not producing a quality product.
  • skip
Look at the Eagles got rid of good Ole chip Kelly and they're wining now coinsidence I think not
The zone being so melodramatic as usual. Playing at Seattle and Carolina back to back on the road is a killer. Not to mention on a short week in which the other team 11+ days to rest and prepare for us. Its not like Seattle is a pushover in their stadium.

Lets see
Browns, Bears and Jags are 0-3
Saints 0-2
Then all those 1-2 teams like the niners
Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Chargers, Bengals, Titans, Colts, Redskins, Cardinals, Bucs, Panthers, and Lions.
Not to mention the Falcons at 1-1.

In other words the niners are in the middle of the pack right now with what was said to be the toughest NFL schedule this season among the teams. Am I depressed? Sure. Not going to a drama queen like some.
Originally posted by skip:
Look at the Eagles got rid of good Ole chip Kelly and they're wining now coinsidence I think not

best thing that happened to Eagles was getting rid of Chip
Like it's 2003-2010 era all over again. A talent-less team that is very poorly coached and shows up on Sundays ill prepared and makes no adjustments during the game.
Originally posted by WildBill:
The zone being so melodramatic as usual. Playing at Seattle and Carolina back to back on the road is a killer. Not to mention on a short week in which the other team 11+ days to rest and prepare for us. Its not like Seattle is a pushover in their stadium.

Lets see
Browns, Bears and Jags are 0-3
Saints 0-2
Then all those 1-2 teams like the niners
Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Chargers, Bengals, Titans, Colts, Redskins, Cardinals, Bucs, Panthers, and Lions.
Not to mention the Falcons at 1-1.

In other words the niners are in the middle of the pack right now with what was said to be the toughest NFL schedule this season among the teams. Am I depressed? Sure. Not going to a drama queen like some.

I was prepared to go 2-3 thinking we had 3 games after that which IMO we can win. Have to go 1-1 next two games. Perhaps we were feeling too good after the first win... Not talking fans but the team in general. AZ got smacked in the mouth by buffalo yesterday. We all know Seattle always plays us like the SB and were desperate for a win. We effed up Wilson some and they gotta travel east coast to play a desperate Jets team.

You never know. Excited to play the Cowboys. If we show up it'll ease the pain of yesterday's lost. Our backs are against the wall some.
I honestly seen this coming at 1-2. So not too suprised. Last year we had a talentless roster with bad coaching this year we have a talentless roster with OK coaching.

I may be in the minority but this team is underachieving. There's no way our team should have been blown out by Seattle and Carolina. We shiuld have lost but not be blown out that bad.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I may be in the minority but this team is underachieving. There's no way our team should have been blown out by Seattle and Carolina. We shiuld have lost but not be blown out that bad.

Both games it seemed like certain plays put a dagger in us. Team didn't quit, but it's tough to get Ws in this league not playing consistent football.

Cowboys game will tell us a lot. Time for us to play desperate.
Share 49ersWebzone