LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 126 users in the forums

Who is the real distraction here?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the real distraction here?

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
members of the media like timmy k and dilfer who have to make themselves the story.... last night i was listening to something called sp sports nation. kevin lynch was on and he was really good.. he said. he had no clue where dilfer got that dribble cuz he says he sees team every day and to him. they are totally 100 per cent a team with no divisions.. i will choose to believe him. the host then tried to get him to take the bait on trent being the second gunman who lost the brain of jfk while the mothman was seen flying around the twin towers 30 seconds before the first plane them..... he would not take it the bait. only saying if its true. trent is the only one who thinks that cuz everyone else from jed to chip to the players are united as one. it was a very nice interview

You were pumping me up then it got weird
Did you hear Rod Brooks call Dilfer out when he had him on? Very solid and straightforward questions about watching film doesn't reveal dissension...

Yeah dilfer had to rely on a source not named bs
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You can act like a jackass, cheat, lie, steal, get drunk, do drugs, beat your wife all you want.

Just don't protest the anthem, then you're the devil. Getting upset with Kap is for all the people who do that type of s**t and want to point to someone and say that's the bad guy over there look at em kneeling.

No, it's more like, don't suck. You can do whatever you want if you can play at a top level.

Bet if Peyton Manning or Brady did this, the majority of the U.S. would be talking about leadership qualities these guys possess.

Your probably right. But the most successful guys don't usually do what Kap did. And the really successful celebrities at affecting change go about it differently. They use their celebrity status to gain access to the people in power. They don't try to piss off Joe Sixpack. Doesn't matter what you do, really, it matters if you are successful...if change is your objective and not just notoriety. Lots of access at the right levels for these people... But it takes a lot of work. Celebrity status can be used to do good things. If Kap wanted to start a conversation, and that was his only goal, then he was successful. If he wanted to bring about real changes... I wouldn't say he did. But I believe your statement would be correct that there would have been a different conversation if he was at the top of his game. Just the way of the world.The more successful you are in the public eye, affects the way you can be perceived. Which affects how your message is received by the masses.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
At this point, I really don't think either situation is a distraction. I'm actually impressed how well the organization has handled both situations. The team seems unified and focused on playing ball.
Credit the head coach for that.. could have been a situation where we/he lost control.
Credit the head coach for that.. could have been a situation where we/he lost control.

At this point, I really don't think either situation is a distraction. I'm actually impressed how well the organization has handled both situations. The team seems unified and focused on playing ball.

I agree. Chip is the guy facing the media and answering the tough questions and he did so perfectly. Same thing with the players. Pretty obvious everyone got together, management included, and had good conversations agreeing on how to handle it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Carlos Hyde. The stop, jump, cut! Lol
I don't think any of this really affects the team's play. The idea that"distractions" will throw off the team is overhyped. The term distraction to me falls into "pointless tropes that reporters like to spout off that about" category with playoff experience and he wanted it more.

I mean, Aaron Hernandez was arrested and convicted for MURDER while the Patriots won the Super Bowl. How can you get more distracting than that?

This. Team came out with everyone outside of the organization yappin about distractions and completely dismantled the Hard Knocks crew...some distraction
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I agree. Chip is the guy facing the media and answering the tough questions and he did so perfectly. Same thing with the players. Pretty obvious everyone got together, management included, and had good conversations agreeing on how to handle it.

agree.. the good people like lynch have seen the locker room first hand. you can bet the media has tried to get the players to talk about this but they are lock step in saying the locker room is good.. that is why. no matter how hard trent dilfer and i will assume timmy k in the next two days.. will try.... this thing has got no legs
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
Carlos Hyde. The stop, jump, cut! Lol

at first i was wondering why the hell he stopped. usually when you stop running. bad things happen

U are the distraction for writing this
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

This. Team came out with everyone outside of the organization yappin about distractions and completely dismantled the Hard Knocks crew...some distraction

Exactly. Outsiders tried their hardest to create a media firestorm, but they doused those flames real quick. It's a far cry from the past few years when there were so many poorly handled incidents. We're finally controlling the narrative.
Neither...the team doesn't care about Davis and Kap is viewed either favorably or an agree to disagree. Heck the Kap I saw on the sidelines last week was more engaged with his team mates then I have ever seen him.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
English
You know who could really help build more team positivity? Kap.

When he's being interviewed after an unexpected win and the media is all around him asking questions about sitting, maybe he can defer the media to the win his team just had and tell the media that he can answer their questions another day. Right now is the time to focus on the effort his teammates put out to get a win.

Just saying because I heard that a player walked by a crowd of media around Kap after the game and hollered out, "You guys know there was a football game played today."
Share 49ersWebzone