LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

SF 49ers @ CAR Panthers Pregame Thread - 2016 Season Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I remember thinking last year after the great opening-season win over Vikes what a rotten schedule to make the team play clear cross country less than (literally) 6 days later against an elite team with extra rest/prep. Well, same effin' thing again but I think 49ers are much better equipped to cope with it (of course that's what I thought with Ron Jeremy at the helm, haha!). The biggest difference will be a defense more capable (I hope) of contending with a dynamic arsenal of offensive skill players i.e. dual-threat QB, elite TE, budding star receiver with complementery guys, etc. Still think we'll have DD loss but look competitive while doing it.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Just hoping for a competitive game...no blow outs please!!!
The Broncos who's O-Line is no where near as good as ours did run all day on the Panthers... Oh man I'm starting to think crazy
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Is carolina's D line better than the lambs? I don't think it is, add in blaine triple threat gabbert and we should score some points.

Yeah I'd say Rams DL is better but we can't go three and out for a whole QR with cam at QB big difference cam vs keenum lol.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
The Broncos who's O-Line is no where near as good as ours did run all day on the Panthers... Oh man I'm starting to think crazy

Getting wild man lol
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Then take that inaccurate photo out this b

Fixed
I'm really hoping we can take 1 of the next 2 on the road
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Getting wild man lol

Hydes better than Anderson. Panthers tried to make the Broncos throw the ball but couldn't. Any given Sunday
Just hope we pack our defense. Really hope Dorsey plays as well. We have some big D-Linemen who can take Cam down with more ease than others.

Strategy:
  1. Do not let Cam extend drives with his legs. CAR will run him on any down and are happy to pick up only 3-5 yards with him to make for easy 3rd downs.
  2. Kelvin (6'5" 245) and Funchess (6'4" 225) are two very big boys. Then you have Ginn and Philly Brown who are the opposite. Need to get to Cam.
  3. No turnovers on offense and need at least 6 extended drives.

Getting wild man lol

Hydes better than Anderson. Panthers tried to make the Broncos throw the ball but couldn't. Any given Sunday

I don't know if he's better but he hasn't proven to be better than Anderson yet.

No ones mentioned the chance of a thunderstorm come game time...

Might be a great equalizer, favoring the team with the better OL...
Originally posted by Joecool:
Just hope we pack our defense. Really hope Dorsey plays as well. We have some big D-Linemen who can take Cam down with more ease than others.

Strategy:
  1. Do not let Cam extend drives with his legs. CAR will run him on any down and are happy to pick up only 3-5 yards with him to make for easy 3rd downs.
  2. Kelvin (6'5" 245) and Funchess (6'4" 225) are two very big boys. Then you have Ginn and Philly Brown who are the opposite. Need to get to Cam.
  3. No turnovers on offense and need at least 6 extended drives.

Kelvins gonna get his in this game. I am starting to think we match up pretty well against them. Ray Ray will have to play huge cause Olsen is the primary threat to shut down. I expect Robinson on Benjamin in Nickle. Ward on Ginn. Brock on Funchess. Should be a much better game than what Vegas thinks.
I think there D line is comparable to the Rams. Ealy, Lotutulei and Short are good. They also have some film on us now. And they have much much much better linebackers Thomas, Kuechly and Shaq with Cash(how did he go undrafted) rotating in. Our advantage is they have 2 rookie corners starting. Gotta try and exploit them once they stack the box

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
I don't know that it is better than the Rams but it's certainly very good. Plus they like to stick Davis and Kuechly in those A gaps which causes a lot of problems for the Olines so it's a different attack that we will have to deal with

Yeah I'd say Rams DL is better but we can't go three and out for a whole QR with cam at QB big difference cam vs keenum lol.

Carolina's LBs are better than the lambs. I think we can run on them if gabbert keeps their LBs and safety honest. He has to or we will start facing 8-9 in the box.
got to run the ball. Do what the Broncos did. If they can blow up the Carolina D with their run game, then we should have no problem. Gabbs is going to have to hit those open receivers though. we will have to put up 30+ pts
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This will be a fun test of Chip's game planning. Given the short week, travel considerations, early start and opponent -- this may be the most challenging game of the year.

I don't expect a win, but I hope we're competitive. I think we can get really excited about this year if this thing is still close in the 4th quarter.
Share 49ersWebzone