LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

49ers Week 1 2016 - Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
This Counter play was blocked so well and is a nice changeup to the zone blocking runs.
Chip talks about this play at 8:07
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Chip-Kelly-49ers-Were-Tough-Disciplined-in-Win/4f2e4c54-d342-4d37-92e4-fb2e42096428

Textbook.

Celek had some bad ass blocks.

And Olines look a great block and make Hyde successful for score. That's why Online are very important.

Whoaa.. Look at Stanley beast push to DT move back then move fowards to block guy(LB). Wow
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Sep 15, 2016 at 11:11 AM ]
That was an awesome block and I love the bus comparison but that seems pretty slow developing and if Barron didn't hesitate (well I guess he broke down) he probably gets him in the backfield. Definitely something I wouldn't want to in a short yardage situation or right on the goal line. Edit: Oh wow just seen Staley's 2 blocks. Man that was textbook, very creative.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 15, 2016 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Oh wow just seen Staley's 2 blocks. Man that was textbook, very creative.

Staley executed the play so crisply and with such powerful athletic efficiency that it doesn't seem like he did all that much, but to a large degree Hyde ran through a Staley sized lane almost all the way to the goal line.
I'm excited to see Gabbert develop. I hope they stick with him all year
Originally posted by Wisconsininer:
I'm excited to see Gabbert develop. I hope they stick with him all year

I think he will develope more. IMO there's no way he's peaked as a player,in this system&his confidence.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
I agree, there were some good things done by this team on Monday night.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if this team is really that good. We've been through these situations before, play a bad team, changes perception for one week, then run into a tough team and all the gaps are clearly exposed. This time around, we don't have to wait for too long - two of the best teams in the NFC, away games, HC, QB, defense, offense...everyone will be well tested.

You have to take into account the main difference between last and this year. No Tomfoola as the ring leader.
Tiller and celek just ushered their guys boom. The OL is already a dominant run blocking OL.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Ugh, Celek just pancacked that dude.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 16, 2016 at 2:41 AM ]
Every single guy there did his job, and besides Joe, Tiller got two guys also. "Double dipping'...seen only in absolute best of the best OLs. Blocking on this play will be emblazoned in all our minds forever. It is like the play wiht nothing but PERFECT blocks...everywhere. That is exactly as it is drawn up, maybe even better(when a couple defenders just disappear from the screen). Fast, agile, tough, mean, and perfect concentration.

I think maybe the Rams DL is not as good as everyone thot, and obviously we are way better than anyone thot...including us. Put those two together and it becomes lopsided, which it was.
If these guys handle the Carolina Dline like they did the Rams then they should start to get a little recognition

Impressed with Kerley, looks like a quality pickup
OL held way better than last year and gave Gabbert time and options
D Line looked very mobile and hunted like a pack, Bowman looks way better this year already and slimmed down by the looks of it as have most of them
Vance McDonald can actually catch and his hands are not always like rocks
Like the quick play that kelly has brought to the team
Patton is still a tosser that looks like loosing the ball every time he runs with it but excels in getting up the noses of the opposition.
Loved seeing an attacking play on 4th down
Team seemed more disciplined than last year hence way less penalty's and yardage
give our QB's a break , new system it takes a while to learn it , and on top he is sharing snaps with the other QB's . give him atleast 4 games to be comphy then we will tell if he gets it or not . Young was pointing that out how Gab can see the field but hesitant .
Originally posted by cNiner:
give our QB's a break , new system it takes a while to learn it , and on top he is sharing snaps with the other QB's . give him atleast 4 games to be comphy then we will tell if he gets it or not . Young was pointing that out how Gab can see the field but hesitant .

I love you couldn't agree more and saw Young in ESPN as well. He didn't say it, but he's giving us a shot.
Share 49ersWebzone