LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Tonight's win...a fluke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Tonight's win...a fluke?

#1 ranked D and tied for first place! Enjoy it while we can
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Why can't some fans just appreciate a dominant win??? The defense totally shut the Rams and Gurley down. The offense was efficient enough to put 28 pts on the board. Enjoy the win. Look forward to game #2.

Exactly...
Yes. Enjoy it.
Trust me, I'm definitely enjoying the win. I just can't help but think of what happened after last season's opener, we looked dominant whooping the Vikes then after that we fell into obscurity.

Not going to gloat over this win tomorrow at the office that's for sure, I want to see us beat Carolina, and then it's on!
[ Edited by D0PEMAN on Sep 12, 2016 at 11:23 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
#1 ranked D and tied for first place! Enjoy it while we can

We're in sole possession of first. We got the divisional tie-break. :)
Red zone? Didn't seem to bother us a bit . Tonite it was just like any other part of the field.

PHX said it first, but we are going to see the same Ram team...for the next two yrs after this, because of the Goff deal. Woe be it for the .Rams. Also, many more lackluster nites like this and Fisher is going to be looking for a new job. No picks first 3 rds is going to be a real ball buster for next two years.
Legit. Great D all around and great o-line play. Gabby still needs to improve on recognition and accuracy. Had the Rams DB not dropped a couple of Gabby early bad throws, the games would have charted a different course.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Even though I feel like we're gonna get d!k slapped in Carolina, I still KNOW this wasn't a fluke.

Shutout!!

Gurly turnt girly!!!

28 points vs a top notch Dline!

It was a good win, not a fluke in the sense that they were lucky. However, it is not indicative of how good or bad they are. We at least know that they are not a team that is going to get the first pick in the draft.

Plus we won big last year in the first game, but crashed. People did not know what to expect from the niners and Chip Kelly just like Tomasula, now they know, so we will see.

Defense was good, but, Rams have no QB, so the niners just stacked the box, plus as Steve Young said, they just played horizontal. Cam will give a better litmus test, cause he can pass and run. The only thing is if he is still feeling the punishment from game 1.

The offense was efficient. Nothing special, would have been a different game if the Rams made the picks. There were three of them that they dropped. Not to mentio all those passes knocked up in the air, one of those could have been picked also. The one he caught, should have been batted down and away.

Still, better than losing, especially a division game.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Pass protection was spotless.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
My biggest take?

We need help at WR. Badly.

Kerley was a great bright spot. Great trade. Patton flashes, but fumbles twice out of bounds because he is more focused about what he is going to say and do after the play, then he is during it, and Smith who?

Outside of that, QB play was shaky, but mistake free and got the job done. Gabbert Athleticism kept drives alive, especially early.

D looked Vintage. OL looked wayyyyy better than i could have hoped for.

This team can compete, But WR is going to be an issue holding the offense back, and while the QB play was not amazing, every QB in the NFL benefits from a good WR.

Agreed, especially the bold, and mostly the part bout QP... he's hella bummed that he won't be able to do that lame ass handshake with Ellington in the endzone
I see the O being more up-tempo than last year. Couldn't stand the last second snaps all season long, delay of game penalties, etc. Now, the next 3 games are going to be tough. I think we can beat Seattle... I don't think they are as good as Arizona. Cards are solid throughout, and it will be a tough game. Carolina will be a tough one too, but they were in a very physical game this week, so who knows? If our D can hold their O (and I think we can stuff their run - just need to get good man coverage on the back side), and our O can run, then we might have a shot. But... on the road, across 3 time zones, on a short week? Will be really tough.

Great win though! Nothing like shutting out the Lambs on MNF!!!
Honestly, who on the Panthers scares you guys. What makes them so freightful that we can't win? Who wants to pymwymi and bet some lettuce with me. .
so the rams the worst team in the NFL ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
so the rams the worst team in the NFL ?

So far. They just got shut out by the number 31 team.
Share 49ersWebzone