LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Tonight's win...a fluke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Tonight's win...a fluke?

So glad we won, but a lot was left to be desired. I remain a skeptic.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We just mnf kings.
No not when you dominate at the line like that imo
A bit of both. We're definitely not a SB contender or anything. But I think we'll be okay this year. Probably better than last year. This team looked better tonight than last season in Week 1 from what I can remember.

I'm tempted to bump my 6-win prediction to 7 but I'll hold off on that. Still expecting to get beat down pretty hard by the Panthers and Seahawks. That's why I really wanted tonight's win, lol.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Our OL/DL are legit, rest of the team, meh.
They played great defense

They won time of possession

They ran the ball well

They controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides

They didn't turn the ball over

They didn't commit penalties

You won't lose very many games in any season if you are consistent in doing those things.
We weren't lucky, but we aren't that legit. We just were stronger tonight. Let's hope it stays like that next week. Offense needs to play 50x better than that.
I've said all along we wont be the worst team in the nfl and we won't be getting the 1st pick. I don't think we are also 28-0 good either... we always play really well on mnf especially at home. I think we will win 7-9 games... if the defense plays like it did tonight closer to 9. The OL should be really good this year and should be able to run the ball most games.... it's just a matter of us getting the TE's and WR's involved and can we pass the ball especially if a team shuts down our run game. More of what we seen in the 4th... throw the ball to the T's, need more deep threats... cant be doing the same plays on 1st down every drive.. get some of those quick throws in on 1st and not 3rd down. We got really predictable for those 4 3 and outs in a row.
28-0 is not a fluke. The Rams aren't a great team but they do have an outstanding DL and the 49ers OL pretty much stonewalled them all game.

How many times did you hear the names Robert Quinn, Aaron Donald, William Hayes or Michael Brockers outside of one dumbass getting ejected? The OL got it done, especially when it comes to pass blocking.

The 49ers DL made some great plays. Bowman looked like vintage 2013 Bowman. The secondary players swarmed and attacked the football.

This doesn't mean that the 49ers are a great team or even a good team. But in what is widely seen as a rebuilding year, there are a lot of positives to take away from this game and a lot of good stuff to build on. You can start to see the core of this roster coming together, something that they are going to have to build on but the potential is there and this was this franchise's biggest win since 2013.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM ]
The Rams passing game is hot garbage, but three run game is legit.We eliminated it as a threat, by scoring points and shutting down Gurly, nice win for the Defense, their "best front seven" in football, looked pretty good tonight, but we ground out 28 points against it, we are legit.

Next week we face a real complete team, the NFC champs in their home opener, with an extra day of rest, while we are traveling cross country on a short week. Oh and after Cam was rapped by the donkeys last week, look for plenty of protection for him from the refs, I hear there is already a flag on the field for roughing the passer, so buckle up, we got a real challenge next week.

I like what I saw from both lines, or O-line was stout, and out D-line was relentless. Out linebacking was better than expected, and our receivers were the hot mess I thought they would be, but there is hope!

Stay Faithful!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Sep 12, 2016 at 10:40 PM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
28-0 is not a fluke. The Rams aren't a great team but they do have an outstanding DL and the 49ers OL pretty much stonewalled them all game. The 49ers DL made some great plays. Bowman looked like vintage 2013 Bowman. The secondary players swarmed and attacked the football.

This doesn't mean that the 49ers are a great team or even a good team. But in what is widely seen as a rebuilding year, there are a lot of positives to take away from this game and a lot of good stuff to build on. You can start to see the core of this roster coming together, something that they are going to have to build on but the potential is there and this was this franchise's biggest win since 2013.

I think the biggest takeaway from tonight is the OL manhandling one of the best DL's in football so if we can run the ball and not turn it over and the D plays just well enough we should be able to win 8-9 games. If the D plays like tonight maybe 9 or 10. We all knew the OL would be way better it's just a matter of can we get the TE and WR's going and pass the ball just well enough or especially if teams shut down the run.
3rd option. Too early to know. Just enjoy the win. We will see where we really stand next week. If we can keep it competitive with Carolina, that would be a massive improvement over last year.
  • Jiks
No win in the NFL is a fluke. It wasn't the prettiest at times(except the entire defense) but we handled our business.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Just worried about Gabs accuracy. He"s inconsistent there. He's very good when he gets in rhythm but he had a few very near picks. But our lines are legit it seems and that'll keep you in games.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Keep in mind LA/St Louis scored 10 or less points in 3 of there first 5 games last year and went 7-9. So while this isnt beating Seattle. Its not a win over Cleveland either.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 12, 2016 at 10:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone