There are 200 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs LOS ANGELES RAMS - 2016 Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Did it also seem like we got a little bit of home town "Refing" during this game? I bet we don't get half those calls next week.
uhm,, maybe we just played clean ball cuz we are well coached and the rams self destructed. i guess there always has to be an excuse for why we played well.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do know one thing for sure.. unlike last year when we were in that situation... this years team will NOT played scared and our coaches this year will NOT coach scared

One thing I really liked from last night is that the coverage was outstanding. Brock and Ward were excellent. The Pittsburgh game was a disaster last year because we couldn't stop their WRs from getting behind the secondary and burning us downfield. Not having to deal with Antonio Brown and Mangini's potato gameplans is a plus. Carolina has a good WR core, but nothing like Pitt's. We won't get smoked in Week 2 this time.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
i do know one thing for sure.. unlike last year when we were in that situation... this years team will NOT played scared and our coaches this year will NOT coach scared

One thing I really liked from last night is that the coverage was outstanding. Brock and Ward were excellent. The Pittsburgh game was a disaster last year because we couldn't stop their WRs from getting behind the secondary and burning us downfield. Not having to deal with Antonio Brown and Mangini's potato gameplans is a plus. Carolina has a good WR core, but nothing like Pitt's. We won't get smoked in Week 2 this time.

We need to get Robinson or Johnson on Benjamin, we need height against him or ward like last year against Marshall and Brock will be out jumped all game
Originally posted by LenCat:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Sucks that we are travelling cross country after a Monday night game which means only 3 days of practice while our opponent gets 10 days.

not to mention the Panthers are PISSED

Yeup, the short turnaround on the road makes this a brutal matchup. I'll be very impressed if we can hang with them and make it a competitive ballgame.

If they overlook the niners...could be fun!

uhm,, maybe we just played clean ball cuz we are well coached and the rams self destructed. i guess there always has to be an excuse for why we played well.

Nope! You can see when OL are jumpy and when players are losing their cool. The only sign of a 9er losing it was Patton, but that was Donald being kicked out.
Patton fumbling out of bounds, why is that...

He also needs to watch himself with that temperment on the field. I don't think it was an accident that Donald tried to incite Patton. He's known to other team for blowing his top. They will try to do the same in Carolina.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
We need to get Robinson or Johnson on Benjamin, we need height against him or ward like last year against Marshall and Brock will be out jumped all game

Agree. It seems like Robinson is ahead of Johnson on the depth chart. He got most of the 3rd CB snaps when we went Nickel. Had a nice game too, looked good in coverage along with the rest of the secondary.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Sucks that we are travelling cross country after a Monday night game which means only 3 days of practice while our opponent gets 10 days.

Yeup, the short turnaround on the road makes this a brutal matchup. I'll be very impressed if we can hang with them and make it a competitive ballgame.

I like that Chip has a sort of killer instinct by going for it on those 4th downs. Any other coach on 4th and 1....kick it. Lets teams know they aint scared and Chip trusts Gabbert. Honestly in that situation....I don't know if I trust Kaep.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Baldie:

I like that Chip has a sort of killer instinct by going for it on those 4th downs. Any other coach on 4th and 1....kick it. Lets teams know they aint scared and Chip trusts Gabbert. Honestly in that situation....I don't know if I trust Kaep.

Just gotta hope Cam goes full-on Cam - and not the good way, lol
Is "Hard Knocks" still airing?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Yeah, I think it's the Rams.
Overall we are very disciplined. You could see when Donald got kicked out, our players knew not to retaliate, and let the Rams get penalized. And our 2 penalties were understandable. Wrong formation and the guys though one of the Rams jumped offsides.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Yeah, I think it's the Rams.

I look forward to watching the episode that includes this game
Share 49ersWebzone