There are 170 users in the forums

How many ppg this season will we need on offense to go 10-6

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many ppg this season will we need on offense to go 10-6

We all know how tough our schedule is. Our defense should be improved but we will, IMO, have to score 24+ ppg to win games. Do you guys see us scoring a lot or little?
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Sep 7, 2016 at 11:20 AM ]
30+
10 more points than our 16 opponents
A lot. Kelly went 10-6 twice in Philly. In those years, they scored 442 and 472 points. So between 27.6 and 29.5 points per game.

We're going to score more points than before, but also keep in mind we're going to give up more points as well. This is just a function of playing more snaps per game, both offensively and defensively.

The two years Kelly went 10-6 in Philly, they outscored opponents at the end of the year by 60 and 74 points. So 3.8 to 4.6 points per game differential.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
A lot. Kelly went 10-6 twice in Philly. In those years, they scored 442 and 472 points. So between 27.6 and 29.5 points per game.

We're going to score more points than before, but also keep in mind we're going to give up more points as well. This is just a function of playing more snaps per game, both offensively and defensively.

The two years Kelly went 10-6 in Philly, they outscored opponents at the end of the year by 60 and 74 points. So 3.8 to 4.6 points per game differential.

Do you think we're built to score that many?
I remember reading a stat on Russel Wilson prior to last season. It stated that he was 1-8 in games where the opponent scored more than 24 points. I thought that number was very telling about points, wins and defense.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:

I don't think so...only because the receiving options appear to be limited. I do think Torrey and Vance are going to have their best statistical seasons of their careers tho. Kelly has worked some magic with shaky QBs as well. Maybe he can do the same for Gabbert or Kap.

Hopefully it's the running game that is guiding the offense. If Hyde can stay healthy, he can do real damage behind this new and improved o-line. Draughn, Davis, and Harris all seem like capable contributors too. It's a nice RB crew.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I don't think so...only because the receiving options appear to be limited. I do think Torrey and Vance are going to have their best statistical seasons of their careers tho. Kelly has worked some magic with shaky QBs as well. Maybe he can do the same for Gabbert or Kap.

Hopefully it's the running game that is guiding the offense. If Hyde can stay healthy, he can do real damage behind this new and improved o-line. Draughn, Davis, and Harris all seem like capable contributors too. It's a nice RB crew.

I don't think this can be said enough. He HAS to stay healthy in order for us to be successful this season.
I remember reading a stat on Russel Wilson prior to last season. It stated that he was 1-8 in games where the opponent scored more than 24 points. I thought that number was very telling about points, wins and defense.

forget Wilson, 49ers were 13-21 in regular season with Joe Montana at QB when they gave up 24 or more points
1 more per game than our opponents in 10 of our 16 contests

Share 49ersWebzone