LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

How would you grade Trent Baalke's GM skills.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How would you grade Trent Baalke's GM skills.

He probably would have earned a B if he didn't take so many guys with busted up knees that can't even see the field.
C. ACL picks are dumb, WR picks are awful, but he knows defense and is able to land some good trades. We always end up with a ton of picks, and if he can ever move away from drafting ACL picks and going after healthy guys instead they might have a chance to prove themselves. I'm sick of waiting two years for a guy to get back and find out they're not ready yet, only to have them cut or moved. Draft healthy players!
Quick... Name the last Pro Bowl player he drafted... The guy is terrible.
If he is the reason Harbs left,,,,,,,then F. Went from Super Bowl contender to toilet bowl. Look at the head coaches since Mariucci:

Ericson - huh??
Nolan - good coach and talent scout, not head coach material
Singletary - great player, great coordinator, NOT head coach material
Harbaugh - took pretty much the same team and was one BS play from being in back-to-back Super Bowls.
Tomsula - Wanted to be a "player friendly coach" and assembled the team into a bunch of Freddie P Softs.
Originally posted by wilcher:
Quick... Name the last Pro Bowl player he drafted... The guy is terrible.

eric reid
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol nccomand be like

Incomplete
Originally posted by susweel:
lol nccomand be like

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Lolz
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
nice,, so is that what we do now is to create a thread about something only to use it to make fun of posters who have a different opinion from the mob?

B. He's all over the place.

Categories:
ACL picks = F (even though Carradine has come around, it took Baalke realizing he wasn't a 3-4 finally to get us a player out of him)
Trades = A (does well to stockpile picks and trade for needs as well as get something for players who won't make the team)
Off-season cuts = B (generally cuts the right people or lets the right FAs walk)
Off-season FA adds = C (does more sitting on his hands than I'd like, but isn't terrible in my opinion)
Offensive drafting = C (does well with OL and RB generally, not good with QB or WR, neutral/OK with TE)
Defensive drafting = B (generally does a good job here)
Players Contracts/Extension = B+ (honestly, we do solid with extensions & the type of contracts our players have are mostly team friendly)

Overall: B
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
So the highest grade from a "homer-Baalke-loving-moron" is a B, but the haters all gave him an F. Which group is delusional and close minded? LOL!

Didn't you send me a PM the other day asking me not to engage with you because you didn't like to engage in this sort of thing?

lol I see. You want to dish it but can't take it.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 6, 2016 at 11:34 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
nice,, so is that what we do now is to create a thread about something only to use it to make fun of posters who have a different opinion from the mob?

Calm your tits. Nc knows I'm just messing with him.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
If he is the reason Harbs left,,,,,,,then F. Went from Super Bowl contender to toilet bowl. Look at the head coaches since Mariucci:

Ericson - huh??
Nolan - good coach and talent scout, not head coach material
Singletary - great player, great coordinator, NOT head coach material
Harbaugh - took pretty much the same team and was one BS play from being in back-to-back Super Bowls.
Tomsula - Wanted to be a "player friendly coach" and assembled the team into a bunch of Freddie P Softs.

By all accounts Jed is the one who didn't get a long with Harbaugh. Trent is stuck in the middle, but ultimately he answers to Jed.

Trent wanted to hire Adam Gase last year, he interviewed him several times but Jed decided to hire Tomsula.

You are putting all the failures of the 49ers on Trent with honestly no facts, its pretty ignorant. Trent has drafted some s**tty players, I'll criticize him for that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I gave him a D because at heart I'm a big homer.
Share 49ersWebzone