There are 193 users in the forums

How would you grade Trent Baalke's GM skills.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How would you grade Trent Baalke's GM skills.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just want to see what the consensus is around here regarding Trent Baalke.
  • dj43
Compared to others around the league, he is a C. Not good. Not bad. Just mediocre compared to a lot of other GMs around the league who never seem to be able to find that final piece or two that is needed to make their team a consistent winner.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
B??!! mutha fvckas on this board give him a B??!!

B- With the chance to raise the grade if allowed the opportunity.
I gave him a "C". He is an average GM at best.
i voted C

The guys we have are still all young. We are starting out with a good core. BUT, we need some play makers on offense
I voted C but that can turn into an F soon. I'm giving him till mid 2017 season, after the 2017 draft. If things dont turn around by then he needs to go.
C

Thought he did really good work in 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2014.

2012 he had a awful draft, but made some nice FA additions.

2015 was a total disaster, but made some good picks with Armstead and T. Brown.

Biggest mistakes he's made is with all those ACL picks not panning out. Also the Harbaugh to Tomsula transition was brutal and will hang over him like a dark cloud unless we get back to where we were in 2011-2013.

If you asked me back in 2013-2014 what grade I'd give him, it would be an A...no questions asked. The last 2 years have been brutal, and that drops him down to a C imo.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Lmao 'B'
He's had a couple of good picks and a couple of bad picks in most Drafts, but then he also had 2012.

Good with DB's, piss poor with WR's. If I could give him a B-, I would. There are better GM's out there, but there are some that are far, far worse.

I gave him an F.....for Physical!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
11ACL picks with 1 start combined. Nuff said. F!
C+
D-

After this year he'll earn that F...ired.
So the highest grade from a "homer-Baalke-loving-moron" is a B, but the haters all gave him an F. Which group is delusional and close minded? LOL!
Share 49ersWebzone