LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Welcome Taylor Hart-DE to the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Obviously I'm not alone in thinking Dial, TJE, and Dorsey aren't placing fear into OCs around the league. Why cut G Smith to bring this guy in? I know the roster spot was vacated by Miller but man, this is annoying.

Smith is a developmental NT, while Hart is a prototype 3-4 DE with pass rush ability. He's an upgrade over TJE and should get some time in both base and nickel looks. I think this may be bye bye TJE and we can pick up another WR now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Santa Clara Ducks
  • GPC49
  • Veteran
Big Dude, I'm guessing he is insurance in case AA shoulder problems don't get better. Looks like a white guy with a good motor in the video highlights. Maybe the next JS. Welcome aboard Taylor Hart. Hart is a good 49ers name from the past. (Go Ducks, I mean 49ers)
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
The Santa Clara Ducks

Basically the 9ers can now tear up the PAC12 and WAC but get wasted against Big 10 and SEC
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:
Obviously I'm not alone in thinking Dial, TJE, and Dorsey aren't placing fear into OCs around the league. Why cut G Smith to bring this guy in? I know the roster spot was vacated by Miller but man, this is annoying.

Smith is a developmental NT, while Hart is a prototype 3-4 DE with pass rush ability. He's an upgrade over TJE and should get some time in both base and nickel looks. I think this may be bye bye TJE and we can pick up another WR now.

That would be awesome.
Originally posted by Ninerfan84:

I think hart will take playing time from from Dial, TJE and Dorsey at the DE spot, doesn't justify why G Smith was let go since he can play DE too. I'm all about trying someone new, we could've kept Smith and got Hart.

Hart has zero sacks for his career. Saying he is a pass rusher is a bit of a stretch.
Nice pickup 4 depth
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like the pickup, he should go right in to the rotation.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Buckner
Armstead
Dial
TJE
Dorsey
Purcell
Hart
Blair - DE/OLB

That is a hell of a lot of D-lineman. Don't 3-4 teams usually keep 5-6 DL's?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Buckner
Armstead
Dial
TJE
Dorsey
Purcell
Hart
Blair - DE/OLB

I really think TJE will be a healthy scratch on gameday and dial's and dorsey's injuries will linger or has the possibility to linger.
Buckner
Armstead
Dial
TJE
Dorsey
Purcell
Hart
Blair - DE/OLB

8 lineman is a lot. Usually keep 6 or 7. I guess that's just how the roster turned out to retain the best 53.
Welcome aboard
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Buckner
Armstead
Dial
TJE
Dorsey
Purcell
Hart
Blair - DE/OLB

8 lineman is a lot. Usually keep 6 or 7. I guess that's just how the roster turned out to retain the best 53.

I think they plan to have more than normal DLmen active so they don't get gassed due to being on the field for more snaps.
So much for getting another WR.
Share 49ersWebzone