LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

49ers Trade for Rod Streater

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Give this dude more snaps on offense those other below avg. WRs starting over him need to take a backseat.

He has only been in for 13 offensive snaps and most of them have been just running clearing routes to open underneath stuff.

If only we had a QB that actually looked the WR's way......................
Give this dude more snaps on offense those other below avg. WRs starting over him need to take a backseat.

He has only been in for 13 offensive snaps and most of them have been just running clearing routes to open underneath stuff.

I know, right? Stupid quarterback can't throw to wide receivers. I can't believe our two leading receivers are Kerley and T. Smith.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Odd that Kerley would catch on immediately, but Streater hasn't seen much time outside of late-late 4th mop up duty. He needs more playing time.

I know what Patton and Smith can do. Need to see more of Kerley, Streater, and hopefully work in the newcomer Martin soon into certain packages.

hate to be the bearer or bad news, gabbert doesnt like throwing outside so it really doesnt matter who the wrs are

Gabbert needs to man the F-Up if he wants to remain a QB in the NFL. I understand that he gets the ball out quickly, but his patience and vision is horrible. Honestly Gabbert looked better in Geep's offense where he utilized play-action, and I think Kelly should install some under center play-action plays to keep the defense in check.

As for Streater, I'd like to see him more involved , not necessarily take any playing time away from anyone but rotated in frequently.

i noticed that too. Gabbert was way more accurate and confident in Geep's offense? maybe it was the playcalling or maybe it was the simplicity of the vanilla scheme but Chip needs to make him more comfortable.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i noticed that too. Gabbert was way more accurate and confident in Geep's offense? maybe it was the playcalling or maybe it was the simplicity of the vanilla scheme but Chip needs to make him more comfortable.

It was a mirage. Happens all the time with backups who come in and play well for 2-3 games until teams have enough tape on them to know how to shut them down.

Gabbert looking uncomfortable and freaking out around any semblance of pass rush has been a constant theme going back to his college says.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

It was a mirage. Happens all the time with backups who come in and play well for 2-3 games until teams have enough tape on them to know how to shut them down.

Gabbert looking uncomfortable and freaking out around any semblance of pass rush has been a constant theme going back to his college says.

It was all the check downs.
Originally posted by Squirrel:

I know, right? Stupid quarterback can't throw to wide receivers. I can't believe our two leading receivers are Kerley and T. Smith.

Ohh My this is superb work, jeez to bad in the overrall picture (Called the NFL) Kerley is ranked #92 N Torrey is ranked #96 in the NFL, meaning even back ups in other teams have out played our WR corpse. meaning the position isn't being utilized the way it SHOULD BE!!!!!

Ohh My this is superb work, jeez to bad in the overrall picture (Called the NFL) Kerley is ranked #92 N Torrey is ranked #96 in the NFL, meaning even back ups in other teams have out played our WR corpse. meaning the position isn't being utilized the way it SHOULD BE!!!!!

First, you know "corpse" means dead body, right? I think the word you're looking for is "corps," although I can see how "corpse" would be fitting for our current wide receiver situation.

Second, Kerley, Smith and Patton have been targeted a total of 58 times, according to ESPN. This has resulted in 29 catches. McDonald and Celek have been targeted a total of 17 times, resulting in 10 catches. To say that the quarterback doesn't look the wide receivers' way is disingenuous. He does look their way more often than he does any other receiver running a pattern. In fact, the total targets to tight ends and running backs through three games has only been 33. Wide receivers, though, have been targeted 61 times. Again, this is according to ESPN's stats.

I think what you're trying to say is that Gabbert doesn't look for the deep ball.
[ Edited by Squirrel on Sep 29, 2016 at 9:42 AM ]

First, you know "corpse" means dead body, right? I think the word you're looking for is "corps," although I can see how "corpse" would be fitting for our current wide receiver situation.

Second, Kerley, Smith and Patton have been targeted a total of 58 times, according to ESPN. This has resulted in 29 catches. McDonald and Celek have been targeted a total of 17 times, resulting in 10 catches. To say that the quarterback doesn't look the wide receivers' way is disingenuous. He does look their way more often than he does any other receiver running a pattern. In fact, the total targets to tight ends and running backs through three games has only been 33. Wide receivers, though, have been targeted 61 times. Again, this is according to ESPN's stats.

I think what you're trying to say is that Gabbert doesn't look for the deep ball.

YES i was referring to this team as a death squad especially at the WR position glad u caught that, Even if you say that Plain does look towards the WRs way more oftent then i think its still not enough when you throw for a measly 100 + yards N most of them come during garbage time you know the QB situation is bad. These players need someone that can deliver the football through the game not just in the 4th quarter when the game is out of reach.

This wont change until we actually get a real gun slinger.
Cough. If he gets that pass.
Does he even play?

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Does he even play?

He does. I've seen a few passes fly over him. Gabbert missed a big one last week to Streeter that would likely have been a 70yd TD
Share 49ersWebzone