SF 49ers vs LA Rams Pregame Thread - 2016 Season Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Lambs: 16
Niners: 9

😡👎

3 FGs? Lol.
With gabbert starting changing my prediction to 10-9 Niners which will lead to Kap being named the starter for week 2
Key Matchups for MNF's Rams vs Niners

Chip Kelly O scheme vs Greg Williams D scheme. Greg Williams will likely send blitzes in order to pressure Gabbert's counting. Kelly could take advantage only if he prepers Blaine to keep it cool and moving the no huddle drives.

Chris Davis vs Tavon Austin. Davis had a tough eveving covering Packers Cobb and Austin will be no different. Although he shown some flashes, he really needs to step up if he wanna keep his role and spot.

9ers DLinemen vs Rams OLinemen. Dorsey must disrupt the line of scrimmage in order to stop Gurley. Having Armstead, DeFo and Dial will help him. Also gonna be important they generate pass rush so guys like Carradine and/or Brooks get Keenum.

Trent Brown and Anthony Davis vs Aaron Donald and William Hayes. Staley gonna have a busy night against Quinn but is Brown and Davis who are gonna seal our faith for the running and passing game.

Vance McDonald vs Alec Ogletree. If Niners has to face 3rd and long then Vance should be the guy who convert 1st down to keep the ball and clock running in our favor.
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Sep 3, 2016 at 6:34 PM ]
Originally posted by NIMV4683:

Chip Kelly O scheme vs Greg Williams D scheme. Greg Williams will likely send blitzes in order to pressure Gabbert's counting. Kelly could take advantage only if he prepers Blaine to keep it cool and moving the no huddle drives.

Chris Davis vs Tavon Austin. Davis had a tough eveving covering Packers Cobb and Austin will be no different. Although he shown some flashes, he really needs to step up if he wanna keep his role and spot.

9ers DLinemen vs Rams OLinemen. Dorsey must disrupt the line of scrimmage in order to stop Gurley. Having Armstead, DeFo and Dial will help him. Also gonna be important they generate pass rush so guys like Carradine and/or Brooks get Keenum.

Trent Brown and Anthony Davis vs Aaron Donald and William Hayes. Staley gonna have a busy night against Quinn but is Brown and Davis who are gonna seal our faith for the running and passing game.

Vance McDonald vs Alec Ogletree. If Niners has to face 3rd and long then Vance should be the guy who convert 1st down to keep the ball and clock running in our favor.

Good points.. If Davis struggles VS Austin look for Jimmy to shadow him and Robinson/DJ if not both(if Brock struggles as well) on their taller WRs in Britt and Quick.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Are there odds posted yet?

49ers +2.5

Thanks!

I'll take some of that!
The only thing I'm concerned for in this game is how soft we are up the middle and Gurley is obviously a huge threat. We contain the run we win, we don't it could get ugly fast!
Originally posted by NIMV4683:

If the niners can get a good screen game going, which is a staple of Chip's offense then that will calm down the rams aggression.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Davis starts getting abused then they slide Ward back into the slot to cover Austin.
49ers going to score 24 Rams going to score 17 , we are going to have over 300 yards rushing , Go 49ers . 1-0 next Sunday going to be different.
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Goff being a complete bust, how many games till fisher is fired? I do not expect a lot of points on either side this opening game

Just gonna say, I called this s**t. Ken Dorsey 2.0.
I'm calling it, Vance is going to have a big game!

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I'm calling it, Vance is going to have a big game!

Agreed, if Kerley&Streater aren't up to speed with the playbook, look for Aaron Burbridge(5" height advantage on Joyner)/Celek/Bell to have sneaky good games.

Also, don't be surprised if our RBs combine for 200 yards rushing& receiving.

Edit: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17412681/pharoh-cooper-ej-gaines-miss-los-angeles-rams-season-opener?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Looks like Gaines might be out as well, add Patton to my list above.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Sep 4, 2016 at 5:59 PM ]
Greg Williams: " kill the head"
Last time the niners lost to the LA Rams was November 25th 1990.
I know odds aren't good....but I got a question for y'all.

What does it mean if we start out 3-0 after we smash out the Rams and w/momentum we squeak out victories VS AZ& SEA?

Scenario B, what if we split VS both CAR & SEA but competitive in the loss....

Y'all giving us a shot at the playoffs?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Sep 4, 2016 at 8:28 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I know odds aren't good....but I got a question for y'all.

What does it mean if we start out 3-0 after we smash out the Rams and w/momentum we squeak out victories VS AZ& SEA?

Scenario B, what if we split VS both AZ& SEA but competitive in the loss....

Y'all giving us a shot at the playoffs?

We play the Panthers not the Tards in week 2.
Share 49ersWebzone