LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Trade for a wide receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Apologies for not keeping up on the WR front, but whatever happened to those "promising" guys like Smelter and White (the DeAndre's) and vets like the dude from Canada and Simpson? They seemed so high on their crop of receivers and now we're down to,what? I thought Cajuste might have a chance since he did so well at the collegiate level, caught just about anything thrown his way and had decent speed. The classic sleeper, but what do I know? Anyway, I'd appreciate an update if anyone has the time and inclination, and I don't mind your opinions either. Thanks.

What happened is that they showed far too little in preseason, and were therefore jettisoned (though Dres Anderson is on the PS).
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 12, 2016 at 3:28 PM ]
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I'd trade Gabbert to the Browns for Gordon and a 3rd. I'd would have said Kap in there but we know Cleveland didn't want him bad enough to get him in the offseason and with all the anthem controversy around him not sure who would touch him.
Originally posted by nj9er:
I'd trade Gabbert to the Browns for Gordon and a 3rd. I'd would have said Kap in there but we know Cleveland didn't want him bad enough to get him in the offseason and with all the anthem controversy around him not sure who would touch him.

They have Josh McCown, no need to trade for Gabbert who is not any better. I'm sure they'll let the year play out and land their QB next year
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:

They have Josh McCown, no need to trade for Gabbert who is not any better. I'm sure they'll let the year play out and land their QB next year

They have 2 first rounders next year (theirs plus the one from Eagles in Wentz trade).
[ Edited by evil on Sep 12, 2016 at 4:14 PM ]
So many chances of teams going 0-3....

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG3

If we beat Seattle... I hope we can make a trade to see if we can some magic happen.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Sep 20, 2016 at 2:39 PM ]

There is nooooooo way this would happen. That's way too much. Gordon remains a top 5 WR when he's playing. I'd accept a 5th for Gabbert.

When people say QBs are a hot commodity, they're not just saying any QB. Kessler will probably play only slightly worse than Gabbert.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
For what? We got no one to throw to them.

They don't have McCown anymore
Originally posted by NYniner85:

They don't have McCown anymore
They're starting Cody Kessler a USC qb on top of that, that's a disaster waiting to happen LOL
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eforbes12:

There is nooooooo way this would happen. That's way too much. Gordon remains a top 5 WR when he's playing. I'd accept a 5th for Gabbert.

When people say QBs are a hot commodity, they're not just saying any QB. Kessler will probably play only slightly worse than Gabbert.

... and if you were the Browns, would you trade for GABBERT???

Share 49ersWebzone