LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Trade for a wide receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gordon looks like he's still a stud, I don't think Cleveland would give him up even if they entertained some offers.

Not much we can really do at the position at this point. Just have to accept it's going to be an area of weakness this year. Hopefully somebody steps up and is better than anticipated. Definitely going to be a big need to address next off-season.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ltrain:
We aren't winning more than 5 games this year either way. Embrace the suck and hope for a top pick to get a qb next year.

This. This team isnt contending for anything. Evaluate the young players that you have and cut and replace as needed in the offseason once youve seen these guys in Kelly's scheme.

Still need OK WR's to evaluate the offense. Don't need Gordon for that, just anyone better than Patton.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Why? Baalke gonna f**k up that low pick anyways if he goes offensive player.

Why bother drafting at all? Just trade away all the picks for troubled players.

I'd much rather have a Deshaun Watson, Myles Garrett, Luke Falk or Leonard Fournette over Josh Gordon.

It may work better than the all ACL team.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

I'd much rather have a Deshaun Watson, Myles Garrett, Luke Falk or Leonard Fournette over Josh Gordon.

s**t lets just get Aldon back

all Weed Team
Originally posted by SoCold:

s**t lets just get Aldon back

all Weed Team

Are Moss, Ochocinco, and TO still available? They would be an upgrade over what we have.

Like Buckner? Reid? Davis? Now youre just saying anything.

Like Buckner? Reid? Davis? Now youre just saying anything.

They are defense. I'm talking about offense.
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Kap to the Browns with a second rd pick for Gordon. We pay half this years pay.

Jackson get's his backup and possible starter if or when RG3 goes down. Everyone is happy as long as Josh can stay away from weed.

Sign and trade.

Gabbert may end up looking good with our o-line, Hyde, T Smith and Gordon.

Lol
Still need OK WR's to evaluate the offense. Don't need Gordon for that, just anyone better than Patton.

How do you know how Patton or any of the other WRs will do in a vastly different offense? I want that crystal ball.
How do you know how Patton or any of the other WRs will do in a vastly different offense? I want that crystal ball.

True, sometimes all a guy needs is consistent snaps. I don't think Patton is anything special, but even a guy like Kerley was once able to post a 56 catch 800+ yard stat line by getting playing time, and I don't see him as necessarily being a better player than Patton or Ellington.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 30, 2016 at 1:38 PM ]

They are defense. I'm talking about offense.

Davis was defense? Iupati?

By your logic Ozzie Newsome should never have drafted Joe Flacco or Torrey Smith because he had whiffed on offensive players far worse than Baalke ever has.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 30, 2016 at 1:40 PM ]

I've seen Patton play enough to know he'd be the third WR at best on most teams.
Originally posted by spraked:
People realize Gordon is on a one-year contract right. Are you really to give up that high of a draft pick for a receiver that was good 3 years ago to get one year out of him????

Actually I believe because of the suspension his contract moves over another year. Could be wrong but I believe he has two years remaining.
I've seen Patton play enough to know he'd be the third WR at best on most teams.

That is fine and dandy but I feel like this coaching staff wants to see what they have first rather than taking your word for it.

I think anyone expecting some big dramatic move this late in the preseason will be disappointed.
I would like a trade for Justin Hunter of the Titans or maybe Jaelen Strong of the Texans. A bigger body but young also could work in Chip Kelly's offense. Sucks Smelter has been hurt & Eric Rogers tore his ACL before we could see what we had with them
Share 49ersWebzone