LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Trade for a wide receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With Ellington down once again we are seriously lacking talent at the receiver position. Personally I would give up a 2nd round pick for Gordon. Are there any other options out there? We need to do something other then kerley.
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
With Ellington down once again we are seriously lacking talent at the receiver position. Personally I would give up a 2nd round pick for Gordon. Are there any other options out there? We need to do something other then kerley.

I would give up a 1st. Then we should just wait until cuts, pick up 4 more WR's to replace everyone on our roster. It would be an upgrade.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I would give up a 1st. Then we should just wait until cuts, pick up 4 more WR's to replace everyone on our roster. It would be an upgrade.

As crazy as that sound......it's not far fetched!
Originally posted by cjsmoove:

As crazy as that sound......it's not far fetched!

Should have held onto our offensive linemen that we used to trade for another crappy WR. Threw him and a 2nd rounder for Gordon.
We aren't winning more than 5 games this year either way. Embrace the suck and hope for a top pick to get a qb next year.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
TRADE??

NOW??

Baalke already signed a FUTURE STAR in Whalen... and traded an OG for a veteran WR... why would we need more??
People realize Gordon is on a one-year contract right. Are you really to give up that high of a draft pick for a receiver that was good 3 years ago to get one year out of him????
I would give up a 1st.

Give up a 1st which will likely be a Top 10 pick in a stacked draft class for a guy who is one puff puff away from an automatic 2 year ban and hasnt played in almost 2 seasons for a team with no true franchise QB.

And this is why fans would make terrible GMs.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 30, 2016 at 1:28 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
They already did.

lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I would give up a 1st.

Give up a 1st which will liky be a Top 10 pick for a guy who is one puff puff away from an automatic 2 year ban and hasnt played in almost 2 seasons for a team with no true franchise QB.

And this is why fans would make terrible GMs.

Why? Baalke gonna f**k up that low pick anyways if he goes offensive player.

Kap to the Browns with a second rd pick for Gordon. We pay half this years pay.

Jackson get's his backup and possible starter if or when RG3 goes down. Everyone is happy as long as Josh can stay away from weed.
Originally posted by ltrain:
We aren't winning more than 5 games this year either way. Embrace the suck and hope for a top pick to get a qb next year.

This. This team isnt contending for anything. Evaluate the young players that you have and cut and replace as needed in the offseason once youve seen these guys in Kelly's scheme.
WR FA market is good next year yes?
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Kap to the Browns with a second rd pick for Gordon. We pay half this years pay.

Jackson get's his backup and possible starter if or when RG3 goes down. Everyone is happy as long as Josh can stay away from weed.

Sign and trade.
Why? Baalke gonna f**k up that low pick anyways if he goes offensive player.

Why bother drafting at all? Just trade away all the picks for troubled players.

I'd much rather have a Deshaun Watson, Myles Garrett, Luke Falk or Leonard Fournette over Josh Gordon.
Share 49ersWebzone