There are 221 users in the forums

Can we please get back to football?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
BAHHH DOWNNN !!!

Can you all imagine if the entire team sits down while the National Anthem is being played this next game??

Originally posted by Joecool:
Can we make the NinerTalk Kap thread restricted to play performance conversation and the Kaper-X talk to a thread in the Parking Lot?

Good idea! As someone who kind of thought he'd turn out well early on, I'm just going to say that I'm less than satisfied with his development.
Originally posted by 9moon:
BAHHH DOWNNN !!!

Can you all imagine if the entire team sits down while the National Anthem is being played this next game??

That would actually be a good thing: team unification and support for everyone on the team. Would send a huge statement and possibly clean out all the trash from the last two years.
I stopped clicking the Kaepernick thread but that's all the media writes about, for the most part. I look forward to the regular season. Hopefully Gabbert will stay healthy and everyone can focus on non-Kaepernick issues. I look forward to it.
BAHHH DOWNNN !!!

That would actually be a good thing: team unification and support for everyone on the team. Would send a huge statement and possibly clean out all the trash from the last two years.

Also, if the entire team sits for the rest of the season during the anthem, then we can cut Kap and keep the message alive without appearing racist.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by JerZ49er:
Fellow Faithful I am a longtime 49er fan from NJ, the same town that bore John Taylor (a family friend). I love the webzone and communicating with all of you. (I have had 3 different names here over the 10+ years I have been on the 'zone). However, I would love to get back to talking and reading about football. Not so much in this forum but I want to read articles about practice, how the offense is evolving or checking the progress of the young DL, etc. I get it, Colin made a polarizing protest. It happened. Opening game is in two weeks. Can we get back to that?

Must be a jersey thing, we are thinking alike. Lets get back to FB!

That's not a Jersey thing. Wanting to talk about football because it is an escape from the BS is just a regular person thing, wherever you hail from.
Originally posted by English:
what were your previous names?

Got it...Thanks!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by luv49rs:
there is plenty of football to be discussed here if you just ignore all the other drama

i like the thread about the o-line in particular. one aspect of the team that i'm actually excited about this year

hi english!
  • Sean
  • Veteran
Can we please get back to football all this crap about kap he's telling the truth I'm with him 100 percent people who mixed are in between that' that this country is being run by a lot second class citizens but right is right wrong is wrong give him a big round of aplause but it would not be a problem coming from someone who has athourity its all bs kap is truthful let him be his rights should matter at least someone have super big nuts go kap
BAHHH DOWNNN !!!

Also, if the entire team sits for the rest of the season during the anthem, then we can cut Kap and keep the message alive without appearing racist.

Cutting Kap wouldn't seem racist IMO. The team could focus on the lack of productivity and the fact that he is still 20 lbs under his playing weight.

there is plenty of football to be discussed here if you just ignore all the other drama

i like the thread about the o-line in particular. one aspect of the team that i'm actually excited about this year

hi english!

Hi Sara.
  • Jiks
I agree... I couldn't care less about K******ck. I watch football to get away from this drama.
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
BAHHH DOWNNN !!!

Cutting Kap wouldn't seem racist IMO. The team could focus on the lack of productivity and the fact that he is still 20 lbs under his playing weight.

It wouldn't be racist but it will definitely be perceived as racist.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
plz post a recent pic of u and JT.
Like it or not Kap opened up a real can of worms...and so there will be a lot of reaction to it, both good & bad. As a veteran of 44 yrs 7 1/2 mo. (active duty and civil svc retired), it chaffs my butt to see anyone disrespect our flag. There are lots of ways to draw attention to a cause without dissing the flag. Kap's going to get a real chance to show something positive in SD...if he can, fine, I still believe Gabbert should and will start the regular season. If not, it's simply further proof how much he's lost and how little he has to offer his team. We'll see.
Share 49ersWebzone