LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

49ers Preseason Week 3 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
PERSONALLY, out of the 3 preseason games, this game has been the worst showmanship all around.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
You guys know that the packers went for it on 4th Down 6 times right? Lol preseason
+ Ray Ray Armstrong showed he is the best candidate to start alongside Bowman at ILB against the Rams

+ Ronald Blair will contribute at DE and OLB this year , the guy has a non stop motor and high ceiling , we need to find ways to get him as many snaps as possible

+ Will Redmond looked solid and was tough against the run as a nickel corner

+ We should be ok at OLB , Brooks, Harold, Carradine and Rush should hold the fort down until Lynch comes back

+ Harris didn't Fumble

+ Mike Davis continues to improve and display playmaking potential

- Our QB play was sloppy and looked out of rhythm , lots of room for improvement

- the Cupboard is damn near empty at WR, we need a playmaker or two added to the roster , Ellington is STILL very fragile, and there is NO depth
Originally posted by MikeD:
You guys know that the packers went for it on 4th Down 6 times right? Lol preseason

Yes. Got comical at one point.

Doesn't change that the QBs couldn't keep the offense on the field. Honestly, the D has looked much better in preseason than I'd anticipated. We'll have to see if that continues when the real bullets start flying.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
+ Ray Ray Armstrong showed he is the best candidate to start alongside Bowman at ILB against the Rams

+ Ronald Blair will contribute at DE and OLB this year , the guy has a non stop motor and high ceiling , we need to find ways to get him as many snaps as possible

+ We should be ok at OLB , Brooks, Harold, Carradine and Rush should hold the fort down until Lynch comes back

+ Harris didn't Fumble

- Our QB play was sloppy and looked out of rhythm , lots of room for improvement

- the Cupboard is damn near empty at WR, we need a playmaker or two added to the roster , Ellington is STILL very fragile, and there is NO depth

Driskel looked good imo, much improved. Those drops by the WR in his first two drives were ridiculous.

Yeah, 3rd and 9 and we go Fangio and Robinson plays 10 yards off for an easy first down. Arg.
Originally posted by ninerAxe:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

+ Harris didn't Fumble

Driskel looked good imo, much improved. Those drops by the WR in his first two drives were ridiculous.

Yup, Rush looked good again, McCray is back in on ST's, QB decision is a done deal, our firsts matched their firsts, etc. But after that, bad night for everyone really. We're lucky we didn't have any huge injury losses; it just seemed like one of those nights where we were off and ill prepared after the ones.
Can we beat the Rams in week 1?
What I'm wondering is that Kap has all this talent, is he uncoachable? He just seems like a very stubborn personality. Goes back to when he made the "I'm not big on mechanics." comment.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yup, Rush looked good again, McCray is back in on ST's, QB decision is a done deal, our firsts matched their firsts, etc. But after that, bad night for everyone really. We're lucky we didn't have any huge injury losses; it just seemed like one of those nights where we were off and ill prepared after the ones.

Yeah the key is "after the 1s". I thought the 49ers held their own in the 1st quarter. Having McCray back is nice. I hope they find a spot for him on the 53. I thought Chris Davis looked bad after some solid games. Randell Cobb is the best competition he's gone against and it showed.

Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Yes. Their QB situation could be worse than ours. We definitely have a better offensive coach. Both teams will have the same game plan to stop the running back. It will be which defense comes through and which offense makes less mistakes.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Yes. Got comical at one point.

Doesn't change that the QBs couldn't keep the offense on the field. Honestly, the D has looked much better in preseason than I'd anticipated. We'll have to see if that continues when the real bullets start flying.

that will happen when you spend that many high picks on the defensive side
further assessment...the extreme lack of talent at the WR position has me feeling very uneasy with our QB's potential production. I see a lot of TE plays/
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Yes. Their QB situation could be worse than ours. We definitely have a better offensive coach. Both teams will have the same game plan to stop the running back. It will be which defense comes through and which offense makes less mistakes.

And the Lambs do not have a very good o-line.
My 9ers are not going to be entertaining this year. Time to spend my hard earned money to go see Stanford play football, at least the team has calss and McCaffrey is a stud.

I have been a fan of CK7 since he brought electricity to the field, unfortunately his play has not evolved and now defenses have him figured out. Time to eat the $$$ and l and let him go. Gabbert, Driskel and Ponder are all better than him at the qb position.

It is going to be a long year. My sympathy to the PSL holders.
Share 49ersWebzone