There are 152 users in the forums

QB Hell!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Let's be honest. For those who thought that Dak would look this good early on is lying! NO ONE saw this coming. Even I, a certified Baalke hater, cannot bash him for not selecting him.

I was one of his top supporters, I followed him closely in college and I thought he would need a few years to develop. I still think he'll hit some rough patches as a rookie but he wound up in a good situation with a top OL and WR. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up.

I had him in my draft picks.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think it is QB Hell. I think it has been Offensive Coordinator Hell.

Let's see what Kelly can get out of this offense before we begin to think the offense will suck by default of Gabbert starting. There's teams in worse situations than us but the talking heads don't really talk about that.

Bingo!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
People saying they were excited for this year's QB competition cracked me up. It was going to be about as good as the long deceased USA network Tuesday Night Fights when they constantly had slow overweight heavyweights fighting that had records well south of 50% wins. Until that show came on I never saw a guy who was 9-20 as a fighter. I thought bad fighters retired pretty quick.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I guess all we got is a Gabbigail and DrySkull, maybe pondering Ponder

Kap gon KrappyTrick again and prolly get traded or ride the pine
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
I'd rather have aaron murray than ponder.
still better than 2008 with J.T. O' Sullivan....amazing we won 7 games that Season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
I'd rather have aaron murray than ponder.

What's Aaron done?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
QB could have been fixed this past offseason,

Watson
C. Kelly
B, Mayfield
B. Kayla
L. Falk

How could it have been fixed this year? Because Dak Prescott had a good preseason?

The odds of finding a QB get worse the further you move beyond the 1st round. They fall off a cliff starting in Round 3. I liked Goff a lot but for what the Rams gave up for him, it wasnt worth it.

They instead built up their OL and DL. Now going into next draft they look to be more of a complete team and more able to support a young QB.

Taking a chance on someone like Prescott in the 4th or 5th wouldn't have been a huge risk in the draft. On the surface, he fit the profile of someone who could operate in Chip's offense and he was a successful player from a major conference. Yet, they waited till the 6th round for Driskel. We shall see if Prescott can perform when the bullets are live, but it's still disappointing that the Niners front office looks like they may have missed again on a good prospect at a serious position of need.
Share 49ersWebzone