WR Jeremy Kerley

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Tiny slow wr lol baalke
Is he our best WR now?
Originally posted by susweel:
Tiny slow wr lol baalke

Seriously. We need some size outside! Big people beat up little people.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Is he our best WR now?

You'd think second or third at least. Second in potential value.
Hey, it's better than nothing.

Welcome aboard to Jeremy Kerley.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Is he our best WR now?

Damn we robbed them
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Crown:
If he makes the final roster...

Not like we have much of anything in front of him

Oh I agree - I just see TB picking up more waiver wire cast offs

I understand why they didnt keep him..they just didn t know how bad everybody not named Boldin was.

Itll be a good season if one receiver besides Smith separates himself.
Originally posted by Antix:
I understand why they didnt keep him..they just didn t know how bad everybody not named Boldin was.

Itll be a good season if one receiver besides Smith separates himself.

Or even better if more than one does.
  • thl408
Tiny slow wr lol baalke

We do need some size on the outside that can beat press man. The big bodies Rogers, Simpson, Smelter are gone or injured. I have a feeling the 49ers will see lots of press man. At least they get to practice against it.
Is he our best WR now?

Damn we robbed them

That's still not saying much...lol

Originally posted by thl408:
We do need some size on the outside that can beat press man. The big bodies Rogers, Simpson, Smelter are gone or injured. I have a feeling the 49ers will see lots of press man. At least they get to practice against it.

I know, some bad luck with Rogers and Smelter.
Tiny slow wr lol baalke

Rogers going down and Smelter not 100% healthy ain't helping much right about now.

I wonder if Baalke can swing 'something' at this stage.

The downside of having those bigger receivers is that CBs have a larger area to grab on to. Seattle has done well against bigger receivers over the past few years largely because they grab on to them and ride them down the field.

If you dont have that power to beat press coverage with, you need quickness and inpeccable technique off the line and that is where coaching comes in. Receivers have to know what they must do to beat the defensive back in any given situation and especially how to respond to press coverage.

Antonio Brown might be the best in the league at that. This article gives some good examples of how he neutralizes press coverage.

http://www.stack.com/a/antonio-brown-is-the-best-route-runner-in-the-nfl-heres-what-you-can-learn-from-him
Is he our best WR now?

Damn we robbed them

That's still not saying much...lol

Damn
  • thl408
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The downside of having those bigger receivers is that CBs have a larger area to grab on to. Seattle has done well against bigger receivers over the past few years largely because they grab on to them and ride them down the field.

If you dont have that power to beat press coverage with, you need quickness and inpeccable technique off the line and that is where coaching comes in. Receivers have to know what they must do to beat the defensive back in any given situation and especially how to respond to press coverage.

Antonio Brown might be the best in the league at that. This article gives some good examples of how he neutralizes press coverage.

http://www.stack.com/a/antonio-brown-is-the-best-route-runner-in-the-nfl-heres-what-you-can-learn-from-him

ABrown is a stud. Obviously more than one way to beat bump and run. The thing with a WR that has size is that if they aren't able to win off the line, they still have a chance at 50/50 balls if they can use their size. If Patton/Torrey can't win at the LoS, they have to rely on speed to pull away and only Torrey has show the ability to do that with any consistency imo.
Share 49ersWebzone