LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Final roster cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:
did Garrison Smith really go to Seattle??

lol. yes. He'll be on their active 53.
How many of our players did SEA pick up? Seems like the beginning of every season, SEA is like the bully pimp who swings by once a year, bends us over, takes what it wants and then leaves.
Okay so I've been gone and without internet for almost 2 weeks, can someone tell me who the hell is Kerley and what happened to Smelter and DeAndrew White?
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many of our players did SEA pick up? Seems like the beginning of every season, SEA is like the bully pimp who swings by once a year, bends us over, takes what it wants and then leaves.

off the top of my head ( in recent seasons). DeMarcus Dobbs, B.J. Daniels, Michael Robinson, Ricardo Lockett, Nick Moody, Will Tufaku (sp) sure I am missing some. M-Rob goes back some I know.
[ Edited by Jamespowers on Sep 6, 2016 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Okay so I've been gone and without internet for almost 2 weeks, can someone tell me who the hell is Kerley and what happened to Smelter and DeAndrew White?

Smelter is hurt so was he was waived, and White was cut. He hasnt even been signed to another teams PS either.

Kerley is our new starting slot receiver and return man. Not the most exciting guy but he's produced at the NFL level unlike most of our WRs. Also we traded for Rod Streater

...Baalke...

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 6, 2016 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by saniner:

Smelter is hurt so was he was waived, and White was cut. He hasnt even been signed to another teams PS either.

Kerley is our new starting slot receiver and return man. Not the most exciting guy but he's produced at the NFL level unlike most of our WRs. Also we traded for Rod Streater

Thanks. Yeah I saw the Streater thing, I am cautiously optimistic about that. This WR corps has me . Did Burbridge legitimately earn a spot over Dres Anderson?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Really confused by the Niners approach. They drafted Taylor. He showed why they did. Then they cut him. Huh?!!

What was the point of drafting him?

Draughn is nothing special. Hyde, Davis, Harris, Taylor would have been nice. Taylor had wiggle that you cannot teach.

What's the point of drafting any players past the first or second round? They seldom make an impact but those few who do are culled from the herd. Taylor was competing against Hyde, Harris, Draughn and Davis. Davis worked his rear end off during the off season to become a much better back, Draughn has shown he is a very versatile back as a receiver and runner, Harris is very quick and has good instincts. Some Taylor draft write-ups questioned whether he could make it in the NFL. He's a sixth rounder! Davis was a 4th, Hyde was a 2nd, Draughn undrafted, Harris undrafted. So why is it such a surprise that Taylor didn't beat out more experienced players?

Oh . . . okay . . . never mind then. Please continue.

Your point is taken. It's keeping Draugn over Kelly that I had an issue with. Obviously, the coaches see something in him that hasn't quite evidenced itself yet.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
We didn't lose Taylor or Rush to other teams so I'm ok with their releases. Although I probably would have kept them over Draughn and Wilhoite or Hodges.

Garrison Smith is annoying to lose. Think he's a pretty good player who has a chance to be a legit heavy rotation guy or even starter. We have depth on the DL but Dorsey hasn't played in a long time and I would have been fine with releasing him to go with the a youth movement as I'm not sure he's better than Smith even if he can get back healthy.
How many times do we need to discuss this point?
With Brooks, Harold, Carradine and Lynch after his suspension, respectively, we will have 4 OLBs. If we kept Rush, it would have been 5 of them, i.e. one too much. Thus, Rush would have been gone after game 4 anyway.
I'd rather keep Wilhoite, and Hodges anyway. The latter one is too good to be cut, I don't even know why you would have cut him. Wilhoite is quite experienced, therefore valuable backup and he is a ST player.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
We didn't lose Taylor or Rush to other teams so I'm ok with their releases. Although I probably would have kept them over Draughn and Wilhoite or Hodges.

Garrison Smith is annoying to lose. Think he's a pretty good player who has a chance to be a legit heavy rotation guy or even starter. We have depth on the DL but Dorsey hasn't played in a long time and I would have been fine with releasing him to go with the a youth movement as I'm not sure he's better than Smith even if he can get back healthy.
How many times do we need to discuss this point?
With Brooks, Harold, Carradine and Lynch after his suspension, respectively, we will have 4 OLBs. If we kept Rush, it would have been 5 of them, i.e. one too much. Thus, Rush would have been gone after game 4 anyway.
I'd rather keep Wilhoite, and Hodges anyway. The latter one is too good to be cut, I don't even know why you would have cut him. Wilhoite is quite experienced, therefore valuable backup and he is a ST player.

Blair will get snaps at OLB as well... I love my niner brothers but darn it just effing relax and don't sweat the small ish lol.

• MFWIC
  • Veteran
Taylor went to PS right? Not picked up by other team?
Share 49ersWebzone